One of Australia’s finest leaders General Sir John Monash is the creative and leadership figure behind this scholarship funding. 2004 was the year the first group was chosen for this John Monash Scholarship award. This scholarship has grown to include 204 alumni and continues to be the ideal top scholarship in the country of Australia.
The John Monash scholarship was recently shared as Australia’s most competitive scholarship amongst the nation and presumably the world.
John Monash was an engineer before becoming a solider, where his work was seen as innovated and challenged the new world for Australia. Bringing reinforced concrete to a new era.
- Applicants must show excellence the regions of leadership skills and teamwork
- Applicants must show or have previously demonstrated their future vision for Australia
- Applicants must show their humanitarian work ethic
- There is no age limit
- Male, female, or transgender may apply
- Applicants can be studying any academic career field but humanities would be preferred
- All international students are encouraged to apply
Even though international students may apply, they most show an interest in the country of Australia, also focusing on the future endeavors of the country.
Australian students are highly considered for this scholarship but international students can apply.
The applicants that are chosen will receive national recognition and the professional scholar network that offers continued connections and help throughout the selected scholars throughout the rest of their life.
The cost reward is a total of $210,000 AUD or $157,317 USD. This covers over a 3-year period where $70,000 AUD is gifted to the student to cover the entire tuition year. All tuition and fees are covered by this scholarship, there is no need for the student to pay.
Support to travel to the location of the student’s post-graduate study overseas from Australia.
How to Apply
For the individuals who are chosen as recipients, the rewards are immediately secured and the benefits begin the moment the winner is announced.
After applying during the application window, and afterward if a student has been chosen there will be panel discussions.
The national selection committee will separate where each student lives in the different states of Australia to be at a conducted panel discussion that’s held throughout August – September.
These universities offer a waived partial tuition fee from this scholarship:
- Cranfield University
- Kings College London
- Madrid IE University
- And 45 other universities accept this scholarship
Exclusively gifted John Monash Scholarships:
- The Roth/Segal John Monash Harvard Scholarship is awarded to a Scholar who has chosen to study at Harvard University.
- The John and Anna Belfer Trust John Monash Scholarship is awarded to a Scholar who has chosen to study at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
The Scholarships are granted for the commencement of a study program in the calendar year following the year of application and selection.
The deadline has already passed and students will receive a notification if they have been short listed. Since the deadline for 2021 is now closed, applicants will need to wait until May 1, 2022.
July 14, 2022 is when the application window closes.
This is an annual and reoccurring scholarship that students can apply for.