Currently closed for applications
The York University in Canada is delighted to offer the 2018 Ontario Graduate Scholarships for International Students. This is to pursue the Masters and Ph.D. programme.
Since 1975, they have encouraged excellence in graduate studies at the masters and doctoral levels through the awarding of Ontario Graduate Scholarships or OGS.
OGS awards are merit-based scholarships accessible to students in all disciplines of academic study. The OGS program is cooperatively funded by the Province of Ontario and Ontario universities. The Province of Ontario donates two-thirds of the value of the award and the university offers one-third.
All international students are qualified to apply and can be taken at York University, Canada. The scholarship amounting of $15,000 per year for a one-year maximum.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident. An international student who is pursuing his or her study in Ontario under a temporary visa either student visa permit or under refugee protection act. Enrolled in an eligible postsecondary institution in Ontario. A minimum GPA of A-. Taking an eligible program on a full-time basis, Ph.D. students in their 4th year of study or beyond.
Students must submit a complete application package to proposed program of study. A complete package contains the following:
- Application Form (Part A and Part B) (.pdf)
- Two OGS Reference Assessment forms
- OGS Reference Assessment — Master’s (.pdf)
- OGS Reference Assessment — PhD (.pdf)
- Transcripts from all post-secondary studies
- Applications for the master’s level of study: December 1, 2017
- Applications for the doctoral level of study: CIHR eligible field of research: September 29, 2017
- Applications for the doctoral level of study: NSERC eligible field of research: October 13, 2017
- Applications for the doctoral level of study: SSHRC eligible field of research: October 17, 2017