This scholarship was established in the loving memory of Dan X. Wray, the founder of Biofilm. He was a man that built an incredibly successful professional career out of big ideas and even bigger dreams. Please tell us about your “BIG DREAM” and how you plan to use your college education to make that a reality.
Eligibility and Requirements
The first two pages of the appropriate 2019 tax return:
You need either:
- Your parents’ 2019 tax return (jointly or individually based on filing status) if you are claimed as a dependent
- Or your personal 2019 tax return if you are independent
- If you do not file a tax return, you must upload proof of any income such as SSI, W-2, Snap Benefits or other written documentation.
Last two-years of academic transcripts:
- High school, college or a combination depending on your year in school. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
Confirmation of diagnosis letter:
- Must be completed on medical letterhead by your oncologist, primary care physician or nurse
A letter of recommendation from one person outside your family:
- This can be requested via email through the application, or personally uploaded if you already have a copy
How to Apply
You can only apply to the scholarship portal that will open on November 1st, 2021.
The amount of $20,000 will be awarded to the individual who is picked to receive this amount.
Deadline & Annual
Application acceptance opens on Nov. 1st, 2021. This is an annual scholarship and as of right now you can not send in an application, you have to wait till November 2021.