The undergraduate Colleges of the University of Kent are named after persons who achieved tremendous success in their respective fields, albeit not all of them had an easy path to fame on their way to the top. Eliot, on the other hand, struggled with health issues and was only able to achieve a pass degree on his first try, whereas Keynes attended Eton and graduated with a First from Kings College in Cambridge. The Exhibition Research Scholarship, which put Rutherford on the path to becoming the father of nuclear physics, was Darwin’s second choice. However, Darwin did not finish his studies to become a doctor and, later, a pastor, before becoming the most famous botanist in the world. Rutherford was the second choice for the Exhibition Research Scholarship, which put him on the path to becoming the father of nuclear physics.
The takeaway here is that even people who are today widely regarded as the most accomplished in their respective fields did not always have an easy or well-defined route to reaching their full potential. The undergraduate students who were instrumental in the establishment of the university in 1965 were selected based on a diverse set of criteria, the majority of which did not involve having achieved high grades in their A-Levels. Rather, what was recognized in us was the capacity to grow not only as individuals but also as members of the brand-new university.
Because of this, we, the undergraduates who were instrumental in the establishment of the university, decided to create the First 500 Scholarship to support students whose full potential has not yet been realized or whose talents are not being recognized by the methods that are currently in use for evaluation. Should you decide to apply, we, your predecessors from 1965, wish you the best of luck in your proposal and your continued academic pursuits.
About the Scholarship:
Students come to the University of Kent in Kent, United Kingdom, from all over the world for a variety of different reasons. This university attracts students from 152 nations around the world to study at its two expansive campuses in the United Kingdom and its numerous specialized postgraduate centers located throughout Europe. According to the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021, the University of Kent is among the top 50 universities in the United Kingdom. According to this guidebook, art history, social policy, and social work are three of the top ten most important disciplines, and eight of the top twenty most important subjects overall (anthropology; architecture; art and design; communications and media; German; law; linguistics; and theology).
The Triple Crown” accolade is something that the majority of the best business schools in the world have been awarded. The quality of work produced by Kent’s many educational institutions is consistently high. The most recent Research Excellence Framework, which evaluates the quantity and quality of a university’s research output, found that Kent University had a higher intensity of research than 11 of the finest Russell Group universities. Since the university’s research and teaching responsibilities are integrated, you will have the opportunity to work together with some of the most well-known specialists in your field from across the world. Students at Kent University have access to a diverse selection of undergraduate and graduate degrees, in addition to internships that last for an entire academic year in the professional world. Students from India attend our university each year to study a wide variety of subjects, including computer science and artificial intelligence, business management, the arts and humanities, and the study of philosophy.
Students from other countries who are interested in attending the University of Kent have access to a wide variety of different forms of financial assistance. Examples of broad academic scholarships are things like the Kent Scholarship for Academic Excellence and the International Scholarships, which are both available to undergraduate students. Scholarships are available for graduate students at all three of Kent University’s schools: the Kent School of Business, the Kent School of Law, and the Kent School of Psychology. The Center for English and World Languages at the University of Kent provides instruction in English as well as in a variety of languages spoken across the world to all of the university’s students. Before the beginning of the term, students have the option of enrolling in these classes either as independent studies or as modules that count toward the completion of a degree. Each student has a tutor who is there to assist them with any academic or personal concerns they may have. It is possible to become a member of any one of numerous international student organizations. During the academic year, the Kent international team organizes a variety of events and activities for international students. These events include celebrations of Holi, Diwali, and Bollywood specifically for Indian students.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University Of Kent
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £2,000
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Those who are awarded one of the University of Kent’s The First 500 Scholarships in the UK 2020 will be given a monetary award of £ 2,000 per academic year or an amount that is similar for part-time students.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- be an Australian student who has recently finished or is about to finish an Australian Year 12 qualification such as the HSC or an equivalent qualification such as the Foreign Baccalaureate. be a domestic student or an onshore international student.
- be submitting their applications through the UAC
- having attained an equivalent to an ATAR between 95 and 99.85 or higher
- Put in an application during the year in which you will finish your secondary education (if you are offered a Sydney Scholars Award, you may defer it for up to two years).
For the academic year 2222-2023, Nottingham Trent University has a competitive international scholarship for new international and European students that reduces their tuition fees by 50% so they can continue their full-time undergraduate or graduate program at the university..
The University of Kent 2022 The First 500 Scholarships in UK is open to all International Students
- possess an AAB grade average from a minimum of three A-Levels or its equivalent (i.e. 136 points or higher).
- Be commencing Stage 1 of your undergrad course in September 2022.
- Have used the UCAS system to submit their application to the University of Kent.
- Before the 31st of August in 2022, you must have an unwavering commitment to study at Kent.
- The following types of applicants are not permitted to submit an application for the scholarship
- who have earned an education level that is higher than an A Level or one of its equivalents.
- who are now receiving financial assistance based on their level of need.
- Who are currently enrolled in courses at the Kent State University.
- Who is submitting their applications to the Medway School of Pharmacy
- Those individuals who are interested in applying to the Kent and Medway Medical School (KMMS)
The application deadline for the University of Kent 2022 The First 500 Scholarships in UK Is October 31, 2022