The AFZ Giles Scholarship for 2022-23 is worth a total of £2,000 and is open to students who are currently enrolled in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program in the School of Medicine, Medical Sciences, and Nutrition at the University of Aberdeen. Students are required to do research on issues that have a direct impact on the health of women.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The University of Aberdeen, which is widely considered to be among the most prestigious educational institutions in all of Scotland, was initially established for the purpose of doing public research. It is a university that was founded in the year 1495 and has a total of 12 schools where students can acquire their education. The university was named after the year it was founded. Over the past few years, the University of Aberdeen has maintained its position as one of the top 200 universities anywhere in the globe, according to various rankings. In addition to this, the Times Higher Education University’s impact rankings for 2019 placed it in the 31st spot across the entirety of the world. In addition to this, it was awarded the title of “Scottish University of the Year 2019” by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide.
In 1860, King’s College and Marischal College, which had been established as a second university in 1593 and was recognized as a Protestant alternative to the first university, merged to form the University of Aberdeen, giving rise to the institution as it exists today in its current form. Marischal College was recognized as a Protestant alternative to the first university. In the year 1593, construction on the Marischal College began. It is the site of two campuses, the most notable of which being the campus of King’s College, which can be found in the Old Aberdeen section of the city. Both campuses are located in this city.
Both the School of Medicine and Dentistry and the School of Medical Sciences are found on the university’s Foresterhill campus, which is an additional site that the institution owns and operates. Both of these schools focus on the medical field. These two buildings are an important part of one of the largest medical campuses in all of Europe, which is also located in the United Kingdom. In addition to the departments of arts, social sciences, and physical sciences, the primary library of the university may be found on the Old Aberdeen campus.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Aberdeen
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £2,000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The AFZ Giles Scholarship is for a total of two thousand pounds.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- The School of Medicine, Medical Sciences, and Nutrition at the University of Aberdeen is accepting applications from students who are currently enrolled in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program in order to be considered. Students are required to do research on issues that have a direct impact on the health of women. Projects that are overseen or co-directed by researchers at the Aberdeen Centre for Women’s Health Research will be given priority consideration. Students from anywhere in the world can apply for the fellowship to get financial assistance with the costs of research projects, including research results (conference presentation, open access publication, etc). ACWHR will also take into consideration the possibility of charging fees for supervising research projects leading to master’s degrees.
- Applicants must exhibit significant academic potential.
- The School of Medicine, Medical Sciences, and Nutrition will be in charge of selecting the winner of the award as well as shortlisting the candidates for consideration.
- The candidate who is selected to receive the scholarship will be required to provide a brief report on their academic progress that details how the funding has aided them. This should be sent to the University of Aberdeen Development Trust, and they will make sure it gets to the Scholarship Trustees. In any given academic year, a candidate who is successful in receiving funding from the ACWHR can receive either a grant OR a scholarship.
The University of Aberdeen AFZ Giles Scholarship 2023 For Medical Sciences and Nutrition Students is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- There is no predetermined application form to fill out. The application should include information about the course of study that will be pursued, the reason(s) why financial help is required, and the purpose(s) for which the scholarship monies will be used.
- The applications need to be accompanied by the following items: a copy of the applicant’s curriculum vitae (maximum of two pages and may include a link to google scholarly or PURE or a similar website for a full list of publications), a scientific abstract formatted summary of the student’s project (maximum of 500 words), a summary of how the funds will be used, and a letter of support from the student’s advisor.
- Please send your application to Kelly Gray at kelly[email protected]. This is the only acceptable method of contact.
The application deadline for the University of Aberdeen AFZ Giles Scholarship 2023 For Medical Sciences and Nutrition Students is April 1, 2023.