The Undergraduate Scholarship service* supports educational opportunities for American Indian and Alaska Native students by awarding more than 200 scholarships annually.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Native American, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian(student or one parent must be enrolled and have documentation).
- Attending an accredited 2 or 4–year college/university or technical/vocational school.
- Must be enrolled as a full–time student.
- GPA between 2.0–3.5is desirable, however, ALL current or future undergraduate students are encouraged to apply.
- An ACT score of 14 or above is desirable .
- Online schools and summer programs are not applicable
How to Apply
- Submit a completed Undergraduate Scholarship Application.
- Provide documentation of tribal enrollment for yourself or a parent.
- Provide transcripts with ACT and GPA scores.
- Enroll in an accredited technical school, college, or university as a full-time undergraduate.
- Be sure to mail your packet to:
2401 Eglin Street
Rapid City, SD
Up to $2,000 per year is paid directly to each recipient’s college or university. Grantees must maintain a grade point average of at least 2.0 and submit grades to us each semester.
Awarded Native American students will be notified by July 15th if they have been selected to receive an undergraduate scholarship. Due to administrative costs we do not notify non-awarded students.
Deadline & Annual
April 4, 2022 is the deadline mark for the 2022-2023 year. This is an annual scholarship that occurs each Spring.