The American Osteopathic Foundation’s (AOF) Rossnick Humanitarian Zeneca Grant program provides funding for members of the osteopathic profession who plan to travel to undeserved, underdeveloped or disaster stricken areas to provide medical services. The goal of this grant is to inspire and empower members of the osteopathic profession to participate on humanitarian medical missions.
Eligibility & Requirements
- The grant money must be used to cover the travel and lodging expenses of the individual participating on the mission trip. It can not be used for food, supplies or housing for the people in the affected area.
- It also can not be used to cover program fees or pre-trip expenses such as vaccines or other medications that may be necessary.
- The recipient must not be compensated in any way(for any trip related expenses) for participating on the mission trip.
- The recipient is responsible for obtaining any licenses or approvals necessary to perform medical services in the desired area.
- The recipient is required to submit the post trip report form, a story about the experience along with high resolution photographs, and agree to have information about the trip published on the AOF website and in AOF news vehicles.
How to Apply
- Completed application form, detailed budget sheet, and a one (1) page personal statement.
- One letter of recommendation from an individual who is familiar with the applicant’s character and humanitarian efforts.
- Letter or document showing that the applicant has been accepted to participate with the organization noted on the application.
- If the applicant is a COM student, a letter from the Dean or his/her designee as an official document confirming that the student is in good academic standing and that his/her travel is approved.
- If the applicant is a COM student, proof of current enrollment in AOA accredited college of osteopathic medicine.
All grants up to a maximum of $2,000 are available for osteopathic residents, osteopathic fellows and osteopathic medical students, and a maximum of $500 for osteopathic medical students (first year at the time the grant is submitted) who best meet the eligibility criteria. Applicants will be notified by the AOF of their acceptance/denial within 30 calendar days of receiving the grant application.
Beforehand, check out the trip date. Because all applications must be received at least 40 calendar days prior to the date of the trip