16 scholarships worth a total of $20,000 will be awarded to students who submit a winning 60-second video that explores how a growing human population may cause problems for humanity and our planet.
Population Media Center’s (PMC) reproducible formula for creating hit entertainment works across people, places, and media environments and it’s designed to impact multiple social, health, and environmental challenges. We engage audiences, change ideas, and empower people to make better-informed decisions.
By using entertainment-education and mass media to promote social and cultural change by addressing the interconnected issues of the full rights of women and girls, population, and the environment. The main goals are based around… how to empower people to live healthier and more prosperous lives and to stabilize global population at a level at which people can live sustainably with the world’s renewable resources.
Promoting gender equality is at the heart of PMC’s work. Women and girls around the world are robbed of social power and self-determination.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Open to students from anywhere in the world who will be in college in 2022 or 2023.
- All applicants must create a short 60 second video depicting or “exploring how a growing human population may cause problems for humanity and our planet.”
- Applicants must be seniors in high school or college undergraduates who will be undergraduate students in the latter portion of 2022 or in 2023.
- Students from any country may enter.
- Students who have entered this contest in prior years may enter again but must submit new material.
How to Apply
The 2022 contest will be open from March 15 – July 15, 2022.
A total of $20,000 in scholarships will be awarded – four scholarships worth $2,000 each, and 12 scholarships worth $1,000 each. The prizes will be sent directly to the undergraduate colleges at which the winners plan to study. This means that the either $2,000 or the $1,000 a recipient ends up with will be used by the institution to help pay off fees.
Deadline & Annual
Submission deadline is July 15, 2022. Since the deadline for 2021 has already passed by, the next deadline date is 2022. This is a recurring or annual scholarship contest.
All entries must be submitted in digital format by midnight (EST) on July 15, 2022.