This Josef Princ Memorial scholarship is in memory of Josef Princ, a native of Slovenia, Yugoslavia, who graduated with an Engineering Degree from the University of Ljubljana and continued his studies in Germany. After immigrating to the United States in 1957, he continued his engineering studies. He loved being an American and was proud of his many accomplishments here, but he also was proud of his heritage.
Eligibility & Requirements
- CCSD male seniors with a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Must be demonstrating financial need and planning to attend an accredited post-secondary college or university majoring in engineering, mathematics or science may apply for this scholarship.
- Verification of college enrollment (class schedule) will be required during the summer before the check is mailed to the college.
Reward from Scholarship
- Scholarship funds must be applied toward tuition, fees, and other appropriate educational expenses. These funds will be disbursed in equal payments over two semesters.
- Up to four scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each will be awarded.
How to Apply
- Are you a U.S. Citizen or a legal resident? (Required for application for this opportunity)
- If you have any siblings, please indicate their ages and if any currently attend college:
- Please explain your exact involvement in community service and the name of any supervisor(s) and hours of participation as well as years. Ex. 4 years or Freshman through senior years.
- Please note all AP Classes as well as Honor classes that you have taken in high school, including the second semester.
- What does your culture mean to you?
- Essay – Respond to all of the following in an essay of 400-500 words. 1. “What do you find most challenging about a college major in engineering, math or science?” 2. With an undergraduate degree in one of these fields, explain the impact you could have on society. 3. Identify a form of art you feel best parallels engineering, mathematics and science. 4. What are your greatest leadership qualities?
- Indicate the amount of your personal savings and that of your family.
- Include a copy of your parent’s most recent tax return: Please upload a “Financial Need Letter” explaining why you need assistance with your college/school expenses.
- Please upload your resume.
- Please upload your most current transcript (unofficial).
- Please upload a letter of recommendation from someone who can speak to your determination and ability to succeed.
- Please upload a letter of recommendation (a second letter; any source other than a peer or relative).
January 31, 2021, but check back for January 31, 2022.