GLSF Academic Scholarship Application, Page 1 of 5Revised September2020Instructions and RulesGLSF Academic Scholarship Application Grieg Lodge Scholarship Fund (“GLSF”) was founded, in part, to “develop the pursuit of the intellect and education in all areas of life by providing scholarship grants, to encourage studies of the cultures of Norway and the United States, and for the advancement of literary, musical, artistic and historical creativity.”
Eligibility & Requirements
- There is no age limit for applicants.
- Eligibility is limited to students whose home address is in Multnomah, Clackamas, Columbia, Washington, and Yamhill Counties in Oregon, or Clark County, Washington.
- Need not be affiliated with Grieg Lodge. Preference will be given to applicants with a connection to Nordic (Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish) heritage, culture and/or activities. Preference may be given to new applicants and applications from those who have not previously received a GLSF scholarship.
How to Apply
- Fill out the Information Form.
- An essay written by the applicant (see instruction page).
- Your official transcript from your present school.
- Each reference listed on your Information Form must.
- Complete an official Recommendation Form.
- Provide a letter of recommendation. All application materials must be postmarked no later than Thursday, February 11, 2021. All application materials should be mailed to: Grieg Lodge Scholarship Fund only, you can find this address on their website.
Scholarship awards will be made to the designated institution on behalf of the applicant after we receive proof of enrollment.The full $2,000 award will be given to the student chosen.
Deadline & Annual
February 11, 2022, but this is an annual award. Each year on February 11th, the deadline for this application will be closed and you can not send in an application later than Feb. 11th.