The Bird Dog Foundation’s Annual Youth Art Contest for grades K-12 is held each year and has become very popular with local students. The program is available for students of schools or home schools that are within a 75-mile radius of the National Bird Dog Museum in Grand Junction, TN. We receive hundreds of entries each year from area schools.
Eligibility & Requirements
- The contest is open only to high school seniors (12th grade) who are preparing to enter their freshman year at an accredited college or university.
- Entrants must be U.S. citizens and must either reside in Tennessee, Mississippi, or Arkansas, or be affiliated with a bird dog club, organization, or field trial association in any of the other 47 U.S. states.
- If selected as a winner, the student gives permission to share his or her basic information (name, address, phone number) with the college or university of the student’s choice for the purpose of awarding the scholarship.
- There is no requirement for students to submit private secure information in order to enter the Essay Contest.
How to Apply
- An essay of 900 to 1,000 words must be written on a topic selected from the included list. Essays may be mailed, faxed, hand-delivered, or emailed by the annual deadline of April 15th or before midnight. If mailed, the submission must be postmarked by the deadline date. Please note: An emailed essay will be needed in addition to any other form.
- Selected essay themes should be developed from a positive constructive perspective. The student may want to consider a personal emphasis on the essay, which would be very helpful.
- A minimum of five sources is required for a Bibliography, which must be included. Websites may be cited, but a minimum of three books or periodicals must be included in the citations list. If a periodical is cited, a student must include the issue number, volume number, and/or publication date for identification. Reference source citations need to be numbered in the body of the essay and the citation numbers and source information listed in the Bibliography section.
- Essays should be typed and double spaced. (It is recommended that appropriate font sizes and styles be used. For example “Arial” or “Times New Roman” with font sizes no larger than 12 or 14.
- The essay submission should have a total word count included.
Click on the link provide to check out the application form however, there are directions on the page to follow precisely.
First, second, and third place winners will be chosen. Winners receive a one-time scholarship payable to an accredited college or university of their choice upon proof of registration at that institution. Currently, the 1st Place award is $2,000.00, the 2nd Place award is $1,500.00, and the 3rd Place award is $1,000.00.
April 15th, 2022