The University of Sydney in Australia encourages outstanding students from Bangladesh to further their higher education at the university with the help of the International Students Awards to be able to lessen their tuition fee to up to 20% reduction.
The scholarship awards recognize the academic achievements of international students from Bangladesh for the academic year 2022-2023. As part of the scholarship awards, the university aims to motivate the applicants to achieve their academic and career goals by giving them the right support while pursuing their higher education at the University of Sydney.
Bangladesh is one of the developing countries in the world, the university wants to give more opportunities to the young students to be able to have their career plans and goal be achieved and create new leaders that can help the community by serving others and being one of the volunteers that will inspire more and more students on this generation to further their higher education.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Sydney
About the Provider
For almost 170 years, The University of Sydney in Australia produces leaders and equipped them with the abilities to better contribute to the community and their personal plans and goals. As public research in Australia, the university has ranked 38th in the Global World Rankings and 27th in Best Global Universities. Founded in 1850 as Australia’s first university, it is regarded as one of its leading universities. The university is one of Australia’s six sandstone universities.
Why would you decide to study at the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney is an internationally recognized university that has consistently been among the top 50 universities in the world because it is a leader in education, research, student experience, and employment.
The university is committed to respecting human rights and taking meaningful action toward global human rights in the issue of modern slavery. As a leading university, they are uniquely positioned to contribute to global understanding and efforts to address modern slavery through world-leading research. The university researchers apply academic expertise and research to help understand the world of modern-day slavery and what we can all do to eradicate it.
Annually, the university encourages local and international students to pursue their education at the university by providing a scholarship that recognizes the academic achievements of the young generations to be able to prepare themselves for the right career, develop more skills and knowledge and be leaders that can contribute not only for their personal life but also from their home country communities.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: Bangladesh
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, postgraduate, or research
- Field: Any chosen field
- Scholarship Award: 20% tuition fee reduction
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: Depending on the chosen course and degree of the student
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Country: Australia
Before proceeding to the scholarship application, interested students must read the eligibility requirements of the scholarship below:
- Must be international students, Bangladesh students
- Dual citizen students and local students are not eligible for the scholarship program.
- Has already received an offer to be admitted to a full-time degree in undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate research at the University of Sydney.
- Have not yet started studying at the University of Sydney at the time you are applying for the award. However, you will be eligible if you have completed a title here and applied for an award with a second title.
- Good communication skills in oral and written English.
- Must have related work experience to the course they may be taking.
- Good academic merit
Note: Please keep in mind that the award does not apply to Master of Business Administration (MBA), Executive MBA (EMBA), study abroad, management education programs, such as distance learning courses, or for students participating in the Dual Degree Law program.
The application can be made through an online portal provided by the university, as part of the application, interested students are required to fill in the information and their nationality. If you are one of the eligible students in the country, you will be then redirected to create personal statements.
When choosing a course, you need to find out if it has natural requirements (this will be stated on the course page). This usually involves courses that prepare you for a career where you work closely with humans or animals.
They may not be considered admission habits, but they are essential for you to successfully complete the course. Examining the requirements will allow you to make an informed course/career decision.
Submitting your Personal Statement
Part of the application process at the University of Sydney is submitting a personal statement for your chosen degree courses, the university will be providing the template for the scholarship award.
Applicants will be asked to do the following:
- Tell about yourself, must be a maximum of 200 words.
- Who gives you an inspiration to apply for the University of Sydney must be a maximum of 200 words only.
- Your interest to achieve your educational journey and how will it help you to achieve your career and personal goals, must be a maximum of 200 words only.
Other Required Documents
- Passport Copy
- ID that will prove your nationality
- Transcript of records
- English proficiency test scores
The value of the awards will be a tuition fee reduction of 20% during the duration of their chosen courses at the university. There will be no amount or payment to be sent directly to the awardee, the scholarship award will only be applied to the successful student’s tuition fee.
Scholarship Ongoing Eligibility
- In order for the recipient to continue to receive the Prize, they must not incur any extraordinary fees.
- The scholarship award is transferable to another field as a degree offered by the University of Sydney, but not transferable to another university. If a student decided to transfer to another degree at the University of Sydney, it is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the scholarship award is transferred to his or her renewed enrollment.
- The recipient of the awards will be invited to promote the course program they are enrolled in at the University of Sydney.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until open for the academic year of 2022-2023.