Students with international fee status who are enrolled in any of our full-time Master’s programs during the academic year 2023/4 are eligible to apply for one of five scholarships from the School of International Development*. Each scholarship is worth the same amount as our international tuition fee, which is £19,800.
The recipients of this prize will get it in the form of a tuition discount from our international charge if they are successful.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Norwich, England is home to the public Institution of East Anglia (UEA). The university’s main campus is located west of the city center on 320 acres (130 hectares), and it was established in 1963. Norwich is a historic and vibrant city not far from London, and it is home to a lovely parkland campus. The city is relatively secure because of its long history and numerous religious buildings. The University of East Anglia’s (UEA) School of International Development is widely recognized as one of the world’s preeminent centers for research and education in the field of international development. The institution is dedicated to making a difference in the world. Educators are commonly sought out for advice on how to address global issues like poverty and environmental degradation. With 98% of students reporting satisfaction with their program and 97% reporting satisfaction with the education they received, UEA was ranked fifth in the Guardian University Guide for Geography and Environmental Studies in 2015. Work experience or an internship is frequently required as a component of a curriculum. According to the most recent iteration of the United Kingdom’s national research evaluation system, the Research Excellence Framework (REF2014), the School of International Development is rated fourth overall for research (Times Higher Education).
Each of the university’s four faculties consists of 26 individual schools of study. Each of these schools offers a wide range of degree programs in the natural sciences, the medical and health professions, the humanities, the social sciences, and the arts. The Student Union at the University of East Anglia is home to around 200 different student organisations and sports clubs that cover everything from music and athletics to debating and dancing. There are about 16,872 students enrolled at this institution, with about 12,888 being undergraduates and 3,984 being graduate students. The 3,712 administrative workers at the firm are committed to keeping the business functioning smoothly at all times. According to the Times Higher Education 2019 World University Rankings, it is among the top 50 universities worldwide in terms of research citations. Many well-known people got their start at the university. Now they’re at the top of their areas thanks to their education there. Sir Kazuo Ishiguro, one of the most celebrated authors in the English language, attended the University of East Anglia and received his degree in 2017.
Gurinder Chadha, the renowned British filmmaker of films like “Bend It Like Beckham” and “Bride and Prejudice,” is another notable alumnus of the university. In addition to Sir Paul Nurse and Joanna Coles, the honors list also includes the editor in chief of Cosmopolitan magazine, a climate scientist named Dame Jenny Abramsky, the current Lieutenant Governor of Delhi, Anil Baijal, and the defense minister of the Maldives, Adam Shareef (an English geneticist). The Foreign Student Advisory Team is here to help international students and their families with anything they may need during their stay at UEA. The Norwich University pre-departure brochure covers topics including visa requirements, getting around town, and more. The Student Advising Team will plan orientation activities for the first week of school to help new students adjust to university life in the United Kingdom. Each incoming student has the option of applying for a UEA Friends companion to ease the transition. In order to ensure that all overseas students are aware of all relevant information and activities, an email list has been created for them. In order to better serve international students in East Anglia, the Advisory Team collaborates with other government organizations like the Home Office and the British Council.
New international students who apply before the deadline will have their choice among over 3,000 open slots. The University of East Anglia is one of the finest deals in UK student housing due to the inclusion of en suite and shared bathrooms, kitchens, and dining areas in each room. Private rentals and homestays with English families are both options in Norfolk. The University of East Anglia is located on a 300-acre campus about two miles outside of Norwich’s city center. Students can easily take advantage of the park, woods, and Wide Lake, all of which are within walking distance of the school. The University of East Anglia is well located with quick and easy access by car, train, and plane. Also, it takes less than two hours to reach London from Norwich International Airport via rail. The city serves as a major commercial and social hub for tens of thousands of people every week. Located in the south-west suburbs of the city, the University of East Anglia is accessible through a bus route that runs 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Norwich International Airport is within easy reach from many major UK airports by direct flights, and from the airport, you can be on campus in less than 15 minutes.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of East Anglia
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £19,800
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
- Students with an international fee status who enroll in any of our full-time Master’s programs in 2023/4 will be required to pay an international tuition fee sum of £19,800.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- All of the courses that are taught on a full-time basis at the School of International Development*
- UEA does not permit the use of this scholarship in conjunction with any of its other financial aid opportunities.
The University of East Anglia 2023 International Development: Full Fees Scholarship, UK is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application, please visit the University of East Anglia’s webpage on app.geckoform.com. To be eligible for consideration for the School of International Development Scholarship, candidates will need to demonstrate that they meet each of the following requirements:
- Graduate from a reputable university or college somewhere in the world.
- posses a degree with a 2:1 grade point average or above (or international equivalent).
- should have received an offer to enroll in the MA or MSc program of your choice and to be able to accept that offer. You can submit your application for the program that you are interested in at https://www.uea.ac.uk/apply/postgraduate#masters.
- Your ability to respond to the following question in no more than 250 words will determine whether or not you are awarded the scholarship you are applying for: In what ways will taking the class you’ve applied for help you reach the professional objectives you’ve set for yourself, and how will the sharing of your experiences and interests contribute to the collective education of the class as a whole?
- Additional Directions for the Personal Statement for the 250-Word Scholarship:
- We are looking for a carefully written and succinct summary of how you believe that the skills, knowledge, and experience that you will gain from studying on this course in the School of International Development will assist you in successfully achieving the career goals that you have set for yourself. In addition to this, we are interested in knowing how your prior experiences and areas of interest may be able to improve the educational opportunities afforded to your classmates in the same course as well as those in the Master’s program as a whole.
- While submitting an application for this scholarship, you should?
- You are need to already hold either a conditional or an unconditional offer to enroll in one of our postgraduate taught programs offered by the School of Development
The application deadline for the University of East Anglia 2023 International Development: Full Fees Scholarship, UK is April 30, 2023