Masters scholarships are scholarships for excellence awarded exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are of a very high level.
UNIL grants around ten scholarships a year.
The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the program chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
- To have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor’s at UNIL before the beginning of the master’s program at UNIL.
- To have distinguished as a student during these studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- To have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or at least C1 in English according to the language in which each student has chosen to master as fluent.
- Applicants must not be registered with UNIL.
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to the application”).
The requirements for each applicant are to locate the exact documents required and scan or photocopy them to send in.
How to Apply
Candidates must send their completed application (refer to the document, “list of documents to attach to your application”), unbound, by post only to the following address:
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
The application form must be completed on a computer and duly signed by the candidate.
The application for the Master’s scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen master’s (and therefore an application to register at UNIL).
Candidates are made aware of the fact that the sum of the scholarship awarded is not sufficient to live in Switzerland.
Students offered a scholarship will be exempt from the fixed registration fees for the courses, with the exception of the CHF 80.00 fees to be paid each semester.
The deadline is November 1, 2021.
This is an annual scholarship.