The year 1953 marked the beginning of what is now known as Harbin Engineering University (HEU), which had previously been known as Harbin Military Engineering Institute. Near the picturesque Songhua River, the prestigious Harbin Engineering University can be found in the city of Harbin, also known as the “ice city.” The national “211 Project” counts the University as one of the first array of significant universities to participate. It is home to a highly regarded graduate school in addition to a National University Science Park.
In the fields of shipbuilding engineering, ocean exploration, and nuclear energy applications, HEU has a well-deserved reputation for excellence in both the training of professionals and the conduct of scientific research. In order to achieve its goal of providing an education of the highest caliber, HEU works toward developing teams comprised of world-class engineers, business executives, and scientists, as well as enhancing the high level of education, teaching, and personnel attributes. HEU has created wide and considerable collaborations with more than one hundred of the world’s most prestigious universities and research institutes, such as the University of California, Berkeley (United States of America), the University of Sydney (Australia), etc., in order to adhere to the principles of globalization and open-running. These policies were developed by HEU.
HEU is one of the most important colleges in China that offers scholarships from the Chinese government to students from other countries. Additionally, we provide funding through the “HEU scholarship” program for students from other countries. There are 37 fields of study that offer classes in English.Over the past three years, HEU has provided education to over 3,00 international students hailing from over 70 different nations and regions. The Harbin Engineering University is making strides toward its overarching objective of becoming a research university on par with the best in the world that also possesses unique qualities. HEU extends a warm welcome to friends from all over the world who choose to study here or pay a visit.
The scholarship is available to international students who are currently enrolled at HEU or plan to enroll there in the future.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The PLA Military Engineering Institute in 1953 was the first institution that laid the groundwork for what is now known as Harbin Engineering University (HEU). It was renamed the Harbin Shipbuilding Engineering Institute in 1970 before becoming the Harbin Engineering University (HEU) in 1994, after it severed its ties with the military in the 1960s. The National Science Park is one of the forty teaching and research centers and institutions that make up the Harbin Education University (HEU), which can be found in the Nangnag District of Harbin. It is well-known for its contributions to the fields of marine and nuclear research, as well as for its part in the development of the first experimental submarine, hydrofoils, carrier-based computers, the duplex type submarine, the hovercraft, and the gradient sound velocity profiler.
In its 21 colleges and departments, HEU provides more than 150 different academic programs for students. The following are some of them: automation; underwater acoustic engineering; computer science and technology software; national secrecy; mechanical and electrical engineering; information and communication engineering; economics and management; material science and chemical engineering; science; foreign languages; humanities and social sciences; international cooperative education; nuclear science and technology; physical education; industrial training center; national defense and ideology; and an industrial training center.
The institution places a high value on its international collaboration and has made it a priority to teach a significant number of its classes in the English language. In 2003, it established the College of International Cooperation and currently collaborates with a variety of academic institutions, some of which include the University of California at Berkeley, the University of Sydney, and the Far Eastern National University of Russia. Students can enroll in exchange programs and get funding from HEU to work overseas and benefit from the experience. In the meantime, there are 1,200 international students enrolled at the institution. These students come from countries all over the world, including Canada, Korea, Russia, Japan, Pakistan, Thailand, Nepal, India, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
There are a total of 27,000 students enrolled at HEU, including 14,000 students pursuing undergraduate degrees and 8,000 students pursuing graduate degrees. They have access to a variety of establishments, such as retail centers, entertainment centers, hospitals, recreation centers, and banking institutions.
It is a “Project 211 university,” which means that the Chinese government has singled it out as a university that can assist in improving the quality of research, and it also has a “Double First Class” designation with the Chinese ministry of education as part of their drive to build a group of elite institutions.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Harbin Engineering University
Scholarship Country: China
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- A Full Scholarship, which covers one hundred percent of the cost of tuition and provides a monthly stipend.
- 1400 RMB on a monthly basis for each individual undergraduate student
- 1700 RMB per person and per month for master’s level students
- A PhD student will pay a monthly fee of 2,000 RMB per person.
- First-Class Scholarship: One Hundred Percent Waiver of Tuition Fees
- Scholarship for the Second Class, Exemption of Half of the Tuition Fee
- Scholarship for Third Class: Exemption of Twenty Percent of Tuition Fees
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- The Harbin Engineering University Scholarship is available to overseas students who are already enrolled at the University or who intend to enroll there in the future.
- Students at all levels of their education, from undergraduate to doctoral, are welcome to submit an application for the Harbin Engineering University Scholarship.
- When, where, and how should I show up for the interview for the HEU International Scholarship Major Catalogue?
- Before May 31st, all of the application materials need to be delivered to the International Students Office at HEU.
- The scholarship is one that can be applied for on an annual basis. Scholarship recipients from outside the United States who are currently enrolled at HEU are expected to take part in the annual evaluation. Before May 30th, any new applicants must deliver to the International Students Office all of the application materials that are required in order to be considered.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport is required as the first document.
- a photocopy of your highest diploma that has been notarized 3.
- Official transcripts from all previously earned degrees
- Transcripts written in languages other than Chinese or English are required to be accompanied by translations written in either of those two languages.
- Two reference letters, either in Chinese or English, written by professors or associate professors in the applicant’s home institution
- A study or research proposal, preferably in Chinese but also acceptable in English and containing at least 800 words.
- A photocopy of the form for the Foreigner Physical Examination can be found at http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/upload/file/20140917/20140917165823_7882.pdf.
- “Heu Application Form for International Students”; http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/upload/file/20140917/20140917165855_1287.doc
- as well as the “Application Form for the HEU Scholarship” (http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/upload/file/20140917/20140917165910_4167.do
The Harbin Engineering University (HEU) 2023 International Scholarship, China is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To apply for a position at Harbin Engineering University, please visit www.at0086.com.
The application deadline for the Harbin Engineering University (HEU) 2023 International Scholarship, China is May 31, 2023.