Since Mrs. Phillips awarded the first scholarships in 1991, over $70 million in awards has been given to more than 4,400 students who attended colleges all across the country. In 2021, the Phillips Scholarship Fund awarded 150 new scholarships ranging from $3,000 to $17,000 annually. This year, the Phillips Scholarship Fund has awarded over $3.5 million to students to assist them with their college bills.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Prospective applicants must be permanent residents of New England but may attend college anywhere in the United States.
- High school seniors entering college and returning college students attending accredited U.S. colleges or universities full-time are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Awards are limited to students in undergraduate study and to those seeking their first bachelor’s degree.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Be enrolled in a demanding course of study.
- Demonstrate skilled writing.
- Demonstrate a desire to make a meaningful contribution to society both present and future.
- Be involved in a balance of community, school and work activities.
- Pursue goals and aspirations with integrity, resolution, self-discipline and judgment.
- Work part time.
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics and/or assumed leadership positions.
- Exhibit grit when faced with hardship.
How to Apply
Gather the following financial documents:
1. Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA.
2. Financial Aid Award letter from your college.
3. Student and Parent Earnings Information.
4. The charges for tuition, fees, room and board (meal plan) only if your college is not included on our Cost of College List.
The cost of college listed on the Phillips Website comes only from the direct costs that will be billed to you. Colleges often provide a Cost of Attendance, which includes other expenses, such as your personal travel, living expenses on campus and the cost of books. That is why the calculated number may be smaller than the college’s published Cost of Attendance, which includes both billed and non-billed, personal expenses.
Deadline & Annual
- New Application for College Students, due 12 noon, May 2, 2023
- New Application for High School Students, due 12 noon, May 2, 2023
This is an annual foundation where there are renewal deadlines to renew several times over.