The Sir John Monash Scholarship for Excellence, which is awarded as the Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship, is presently accepting applications from overseas students who are interested and meet the eligibility requirements. The purpose of this scholarship program is to make a difference in the lives of financially disadvantaged students from the ASEAN region who wish to pursue their studies at Monash University.
One of Monash University’s most prestigious scholarships, the Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship, is generously funded by a group of Monash alumni who live and work in Singapore – alumni who are passionate about ensuring that young people from the region can benefit from an outstanding international education.
About the Scholarship:
As a cutting-edge research university with a global reach, Monash University educates and inspires students from all across the Indo-Pacific region. The Russell Group of universities includes it. We’re making a difference in the world by sharing what we’ve learned, doing research, and connecting with other alumni. Our efforts are focused on today’s most pressing global issues, such as climate change, geopolitical instability, and the creation of healthy communities. In addition to being the largest university in Australia, we have four campuses located on the Wurundjeri and Boonwurrung people’s ancestral lands in the Kulin Nations. The first campus of a foreign institution in Indonesia was built on land we acquired in Malaysia, China, India, and Italy. Our current student body numbers over 85,000, and our alumni base, which numbers over 420,000 people, spans 160 nations.
Aside from being a founding member of the Group of Eight universities, we have an international reputation for educational and research excellence and are currently ranked 48th in the U.S. News & World Report Best Global Universities Rankings and 64th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. A number of noteworthy accomplishments demonstrate our dedication to solving the challenges of our time, including: By 2030, we hope to have achieved net zero emissions by cutting our carbon footprint and become the first Australian university to set an energy reduction target as part of our commitment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. An education at Monash is a truly global experience, one that is deeply intertwined with the real world and led by professors who are themselves active researchers in their fields of study.
There is a wide range of study options, including undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, as well as open online courses, microcredentials, professional development, and alternative career paths, available to students. Many choices and flexibility are available to our customers. We’re always looking for new ways to make our neighborhoods more welcoming and varied while also doing our part to better the lives of the people who live there. Located in and around Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, are all of Monash’s Australian campuses. The Economist Intelligence Unit has consistently named Melbourne as one of the world’s best cities to live in, according to the organization. In addition to its climate and infrastructure, the city of Melbourne has been praised for its safety, culture, and environment by a variety of independent organizations, including the United Nations and the World Economic Forum.
Most Monash campuses are within an hour’s drive of beaches, and some are just a few minutes’ drive from others. Some of Victoria’s most popular ski resorts are under three hours’ drive from Monash universities, as are the beaches. Melbourne is a great place for students to base themselves, with everything from fashion, food, and entertainment in the city center to national parks, wineries, and beaches on the outskirts. There are just a few places in Australia where there are four distinct seasons, and Melbourne is one of them.
The city’s beaches are popular during the summer, while the mountains around the city are often covered with snow during the winter. 7°C to 14°C is the average winter temperature, with the normal range being between 7°C and 14°C. For every student at Monash, there is an opportunity to get important work experience. Art, business, economics, education, engineering, and information technology are just a few of the departments that offer internships (MNHS). Small, medium, and large enterprises as well as retail, commercial, consultancy and non-profit organizations all have the potential to benefit from a wide range of opportunities. It has cooperated with companies including L’Oreal, Adidas, Deloitte GM Holden Mondelez PWC EY and many others. ” Enhance your resume and obtain useful work experience in another country by taking advantage of these opportunities.
More than just a place to learn, Monash University has a lot to offer. Become a part of a community that supports academic success, personal growth, and the development of long-term relationships. Over 150 student groups, clubs and organizations as well as student support services are available to new students during Orientation Week to assist them settle in and get to know each other. It is the purpose of Monash Residential Services to assist you in locating a place to live, whether it is temporary on-campus housing in one of our 3,000-bed dormitories or off-campus lodging.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Monash University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $17,000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
Applications for our MSc International Fashion Marketing program, which will begin in the academic year 2022/2023, will be considered for 5 Postgraduate scholarships, each worth £7,500, from the Glasgow School for Business and Society. Applicants who pay international fees will be considered for our MSc International Fashion Marketing program, which will begin in the academic year 2022/2023. They will be available to applicants who intend to enroll in our MSc International Fashion Marketing program beginning in the academic year 2022/2023 and who will be paying international tuition costs for the program.
The following privileges are available to Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship winners:
- Tuition costs
- Allowance of $14,000 AUD for each year.
- On-campus lodging. For on-campus housing, you must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS).
- The price of a student visa
- In the first year, an additional $3,000 AUD one-off payment is required.
- During the first year, there was a single return trip
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Applicants for the Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship are expected to meet the following requirements in order to be considered: 1.
- A citizen of an ASEAN country (http://www.dfat.gov.au/geo/southeast-asia/) is required to apply for a visa.
- Make an application for a full-time Monash course offer in any single degree, at any Monash University campus in Australia, at any time of year.
- Applicants who have not previously studied at Monash are encouraged to apply.
- Applicant’s must be able to demonstrate that they hail from a low-income family.
- Applicants must not have begun university education at any other institution at the time of application.
- In order to get a scholarship, students must demonstrate academic excellence and financial need.
- Interviews and personal statements (750 words) will be used to evaluate students’ personal aspirations and financial support.
- To keep your scholarship, you must:
- A Weighted Average Mark of 50 is the minimal requirement.
- You must continue to study full-time.
- By August 19, 2022, all applicants will learn whether or not they’ve been accepted into the program.
The Monash University 2022 Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship (Australia) is open to all International ASEAN Students
- In order to be considered for the Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship, students must also apply for a study place at Monash University in Australia and complete the steps outlined below:
- You must fill out a separate online application for this scholarship.
- Please use the online form to submit your scholarship application.
- An offline application form is available, and all documentation should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship – [Your Name] in the email.
- In addition, you’ll have to fill out an application for classes.
- The $100 application fee for this award will be waived for applicants. Please contact [email protected] to request a waiver code before submitting your application.
The application deadline for Monash University 2022 Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship (Australia) is July 17, 2022