The Michigan Technological University offers International Scholarships based on merit, Undergraduate in various areas, for international students successful. The academic year 2022-2023.
About The School
The Michigan Technological University is a public university research Houghton founded in 1885. Ranked 651-700 in QS World Rankings Global 2022 and has the mission to create solutions for the challenges of society to provide education based on the action.
Michigan Tech is a globally recognized technological university that educates students, promotes knowledge, and innovates to improve the quality of life and promote mutual respect and equity for all people within the state, the nation, and the global community.
Michigan Technological University (Michigan Tech, MTU, or simply Tech) is a public research university in Houghton, Michigan. Its main campus sits on 925 acres (374 ha) on a bluff overlooking Lake Portage.
Michigan Tech was founded in 1885 as the first postsecondary institution in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula and was created to train mining engineers to operate local copper mines.
Science, technology, forestry, and business have been added to the many engineering disciplines, and Michigan Tech now offers more than 130-degree programs through its five universities and schools. It is classified among “R2: Doctoral Universities – High research activity”.
The Michigan Tech athletic teams are nicknamed the Huskies and compete mainly in the Conference Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic of Division II of the NCAA (GLIAC).
The men’s hockey team competes in Division I as a member of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association (CCHA) and has won three national championships. The women’s basketball team was the national runner-up in 2011.
Michigan Tech was founded in 1885 as Michigan Mining School. After much agitation by Jay Abel Hubbell, the state legislature established the school to train mining engineers. Hubbell donated land for the school’s first buildings.
The school started with four faculty members and twenty-three students. It was housed in the Houghton Fire Hall from 1886 to 1889.
The first president of MTU was Marshman E. Wadsworth (1887–1898).  The inscription grew to such an extent that its name no longer reflected its purpose. The name was later changed to Michigan College of Mines in 1897.  This name lasted until World War I until 1925, but by this time the school had begun offering a wider variety of degrees and once again decided to change its name to the Michigan College of Mining and Technology in 1927.
Receive title: Undergraduate
Study Place: United States
Offeror: Michigan Technological University
- The scholarship offers $10,000 to $16,000 based on academic records.
- The scholarship does not cover travel expenses, living expenses, medical insurance, or study materials.
Countries that can apply:
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Asian countries
- African countries
- Applicants must be freshmen who have applied for and been accepted for undergraduate admission to Michigan Tech.
- Applicants must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 in order to renew their scholarship.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.35 to 4.00+.
- To apply, students must submit an application for admission online through the university’s application portal. Interested students who have applied and been accepted for undergraduate admission to Michigan Tech are automatically considered for this award.
- Students are required to provide official high school transcripts and certified report cards. Personal statements and letters of recommendation are optional documents.
- Students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests: TOEFL IBT – 79; TOEFL PBT – 550; IELTS – 6.5; Duolingo – 105 or PTE – 53.
How to apply:
Visit their official website to apply for this student grant