The Annemarie Schimmel Scholarship is a merit based scholarship provided by the Annemarie Schimmel trust. It is offered to 10 students per year. This scholarship is provided to Pakistani students for postgraduate studies at any college in the United Kingdom.
In honor of Annemarie Schimmel, the great female scholar who dedicated a number of years to the study of Islamic culture. This scholarship was created in 1988 and has a number of alumni female scholars who continue to improve the world today.
- Preference of career field will be given to humanities or sciences and to humanitarian fields: public health, special education, and ancillary medical fields, for example, physiotherapy and radiography.
- The excluded study fields that may not enter this scholarship with an application are journalism, business, management, and gender/women’s studies.
- The course of study can be purely academic or could involve practical training. Prospective candidates are strongly urged to acquire basic computer literacy and word processing skills.
- Must be citizens of Pakistani residents.
- Native residents that intend to solve issues and work with the country of Pakistan.
- This scholarship is not open to foreign students except Pakistan residents.
The scholarships are aimed at excellent female scientists who are preparing for a scientific career as a professor or who already meet the formal requirements for a professorship.
As part of the scholarship, the implementation of a research project is intended as preliminary work for a large project (e.g. rehabilitation) or a more extensive research project (e.g. the planning of a joint project).
In accordance with the objective, the funding should enable the scholarship holders to significantly increase their career opportunities for a university professorship.
How to Apply
The only way to apply for this scholarship is to contact the email provided, this way any applicant can ask for the scholarship application.
All applicants will need to fill out the complete form without creating false information or leaving blank spaces.
Only Pakistan residents can apply for this if they choose to study in the United Kingdom for a short period of time.
The announcement is open to any topic. However, it is expected that the research projects will be carried out in cooperation with scientists from the University of Erfurt. The duration of the scholarships is up to 24 months. The funding includes a monthly grant of 1,600 euros and, if applicable, a family allowance.
In addition, there is an annual research fee. In addition, the scholarship includes career coaching and workshops as part of the “Academic Continuing Education and Qualification” program, as well as individual application coaching for the planned third-party funding project.
Subject to capacity, a job can be made available at the University of Erfurt.
10 individuals are awarded this scholarship per year. The deadline is January 1, 2022 since the 2021 deadline has surpassed many months ago. The scholarship is awarded in March of 2022.
This is an annual scholarship where 10 students can win each year.