The Master of Drug Discovery and Development is a taught Master’s degree that is being offered by Victoria University of Wellington, and the Ferrier Research Institute is providing eligible overseas candidates the chance to apply for a scholarship to be able to participate in the program.
About the Scholarship:
In the year 1897, Victoria University was established as a learning institution. The primary campus may be found in Kelburn, which is a residential neighborhood of Wellington and is just one mile from the city center. The city’s center is home to a number of prestigious educational institutions, including the schools of architecture and design, as well as the Law Faculty, which is a division of the Faculty of Commerce and Administration. The university is home to institutes and research centers in addition to its faculties of Architecture and Design, Commerce and Administration, Education, Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Law, and Science. In other words, the institution is quite comprehensive. There are classes offered in the fields of English and New Zealand literature, indigenous studies (including Maori, Pacific, and Asian studies), linguistics, environmental and sciences, geography, political science, theater, and film. In addition, Wellington is home to a world-class zoo and an animal sanctuary known as Zealandia. Visitors to these establishments will have the opportunity to see and learn about some of New Zealand’s most unique and unusual creatures.
On campus, there are a variety of clubs and student groups that can assist you in integrating into campus life in New Zealand while also allowing you to participate in activities that you like with other people who share your interests. It is comprised of three campuses, the one in Kelburn, New Zealand, housing the Humanities and Social Science, Engineering, Health, Social Science, and Education faculties. The second site is known as the Pipitea campus. It is located in close proximity to the New Zealand Parliament building and is home to the faculties of Management and Facilities of Law, Finance, Government, and Information Technology. The third campus is known as the Te Aro campus, and it is where the Faculty of Design and Architecture is located. In addition, Victoria University’s courses can be taken in the Central Business District in Auckland.
There are opportunities to get both undergraduate and graduate degrees. It boasts a faculty of approximately one thousand individuals who are dedicated to providing students with an education that is both comprehensive and of a high standard. At Victoria University, there are over forty research institutes and centers, which means that the university is home to some of the top resources for students looking to gain practical knowledge. The university is known for its stunning grounds and for providing its students with first-rate services and facilities. It maintains a collection of different types of artwork. In addition to that, it has workshops and performances during the lunch hour. As a result of the well-developed system of public transportation, the university is not only convenient but also simple to reach. The list of notable people who graduated from Victoria University is impressive. A number of well-known people, such as Barbara Anderson, Sam Neill, Jane Campion, Dr. John Money, and Dr. Alexander Gerst, are included.
The Victoria University of Wellington is the best university in New Zealand in terms of research intensity, which is the most important measure of research quality in that nation. The university is home to more than 40 research institutions. Students at the university are given the opportunity to participate in research projects, internships, and field trips in addition to having a selection of over 170 different areas of study to choose from, all of which contribute to the development of their critical thinking abilities. Te Herenga Waka, the university’s marae (Mori meeting house and surrounds), is at the center of our commitment to tikanga Mori (Mori cultural traditions). It also provides as a focal point for students and whnau (family) who are located on campus. The university is also quite pleased with its Living P project, which entails renovating a marae in order to strengthen ties to the past and better understand how they might shape our present and our future. As a purpose-built living lab, The Living P will function as an incubator for innovation and a gathering place for individuals from all communities and fields to investigate how we may build a society that is more equitable, fair, and sustainable. Because Wellington is the nation’s capital city, the University of Wellington has connections to a large number of national organizations, giving it access to influential people and thought in the fields of politics, government, culture and history, commerce, and science
. The Kelburn campus of the University of Auckland is located within a short walking distance of the buildings that house the New Zealand Parliament, which is where members of the government meet to debate and pass laws. The compact city of Wellington provides residents with convenient access to a variety of outdoor paths, beaches, art galleries, and museums, as well as local events. In addition, it has a reputation for having outstanding food and coffee as well as being cosmopolitan, safe, and inviting. The University places a high priority on ethical principles such as respect, accountability, fairness, and integrity, as well as empathy. These fundamental principles of morality are exemplified by our dedication to the principles of sustainability, welfare, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and transparency. The university also demonstrates its commitment to its core values by maintaining a community that is inclusive and diverse, and by offering academic and mental health services to its students. Additionally, the university has a specialized international support team that is available to offer guidance and assistance to international students throughout the entirety of their academic careers. The Victoria University of Wellington has a strong commitment to global citizenship, the facilitation of the resolution of global concerns, and the education of graduates who are both critically informed and internationally confident.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Victoria University of Wellington
Scholarship Country: New Zealand
Scholarship Worth: NZ $15,000.
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
The Master of Drug Discovery and Development Scholarship is worth a total of New Zealand $15,000, which will be awarded to the winning applicant.
This reward can only be put toward the candidate’s tuition bill in order to fulfill its requirements.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- This award is available to students from any country in the world; however, in order to qualify, applicants must first have enrolled in and successfully completed one trimester of study toward their postgraduate research in Drug Discovery and Development.
- All international students who meet the requirements can apply for the scholarship. Students who do not have permanent residency in New Zealand and who are not citizens of New Zealand are referred to as “international students.” Candidates are required to demonstrate that they meet the eligibility requirements outlined by both the programme and the university. In order to pursue educational opportunities in New Zealand, applicants are need to get the appropriate visa. The scholarship becomes payable once enrollment has been completed and can only be applied against the cost of tuition.
- The recipients of this scholarship will be required to participate in a research project that is to be conducted under the direction of a member of the Ferrier Research Institute staff and on a topic that has been approved by the Director of the Ferrier Research Institute or a delegated nominee of the Director. The academic performance of candidates, as well as their publications and/or conference proceedings, referee reports, and any other concrete indication of their academic or research competence, are among the grounds for selection.
- Applicants are required to be students from other countries.
- An undergraduate degree in Chemistry or a relevant life science field such as Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, or another applicable subject is required of applicants, and they must have earned at least a B+ on average in their 300-level Chemistry coursework.
- All applicants must have the intention of enrolling in a taught Master’s program at Victoria University of Wellington, namely the Master of Drug Discovery and Development.
Required Forms and Documents for the Application
- Printed copies of the student’s academic transcripts
- Certificates of Degree Completion
- A curriculum vitae A letter of intent
- Two recommendation letters, at least one of which must be from a person who has supervised the candidate’s academic or research work.
The Victoria University of Wellington New Zealand 2022 Master of Drug Discovery and Development Scholarship is open to all International Students
The University acknowledges that in order for students to complete their educations, they will need to make a significant financial investment in themselves. Scholarships for Egyptian undergraduate and graduate students based on merit Students who believe they meet the qualifications for receiving a student scholarship can submit an application for it at our Dubai office.
- Email your application to [email protected] and include copies of your complete academic transcripts, degree certificates, CV (including the contact details of at least two academic referees who are familiar with the candidate, for example, university lecturers at 300 level or higher, supervisors of research projects, and so on), letter of motivation, and referee reports (at least one from an academic/research supervisor of the candidate).
The application process for Victoria University of Wellington New Zealand 2022 Master of Drug Discovery and Development Scholarship is currently open.