The School of Graduate Studies at the University of Toronto is currently accepting applications for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship for International students who wish to enroll in a degree program at the University of Toronto during the academic session 2023-2024. Applicants must be exceptional students who meet the eligibility requirements of the scholarship.
The Government of Ontario and the University of Toronto provide funding for the scholarship program at U of T. This funding comes from a cooperative effort. The amount of OGS awards that each university is permitted to give out to their students on an annual basis is predetermined by the Province and distributed to the institutions.
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) program emphasizes academic performance among graduate students attending universities in Ontario that receive public funding for their operations. Since 1975, the Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) program has been awarding merit-based scholarships to the most outstanding graduate students in the province of Ontario, across all fields of academic study.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The University of Toronto is the premier educational institution in Canada. It was established in 1827, and since then, it has a long history of attempting the impossible and bringing about societal change through the inventiveness and determination of its staff, students, alumni, and sponsors. Over the years, the University of Toronto has established a reputation as a leading research institution, and as a result, it has become a hub where the brightest minds from every imaginable field and background come together to work on solving the most serious problems facing the globe. The University of Toronto is widely regarded as the most research-intensive establishment of its kind anywhere in the world. As such, it attracts the brightest minds from every imaginable field and history to work together on solving the most important problems facing the global community.
The University of Toronto Ranking has maintained its position as one of the top 30 universities in the globe for the past several years, making it one of the most sought-after educational institutions for students interested in studying in other countries. Both the US News & World Report – Global Universities and the THE (Times Higher Education) – University Ranking have placed the University towards the top of their respective lists of the finest universities for 2023. The University of Toronto currently holds the 34th spot on the QS World University Ranking for 2023. This university is highly regarded as one of the best in Canada, making it an excellent option for those interested in pursuing their education in that country. Read: Visit our website if you are a candidate who is interested in learning more about the most recent University of Toronto rankings.
The University of Toronto Campus is home to some of the most prestigious architecture in the Greater Toronto Area and Mississauga, in addition to some of the most stunning green spaces in the region. Students at the University of Toronto have access to an exceptional learning and working environment on campus. University of Toronto (U of T) students have the option of attending classes at one of three distinct locations: the University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM), the University of Toronto St. George campus, or the University of Toronto Scarborough campus (UTSC). The campuses can be found in some of the most bustling urban surroundings, which have been described as being energetic and inviting and offering something for everyone. Everything may be found in Toronto, from festivals to street fairs, from street fairs to sports teams and cultural events.
When we talk about the courses that are available at the University of Toronto, we should note that as of the autumn of 2022, the University will provide more than 700 undergraduate programs and 300 graduate programs in a wide range of fields. Courses in the Humanities and the Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Commerce and Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Kinesiology and Physical Education, Music, and Architecture are all available to students at this university. Because the university does not subscribe to the idea that one size fits all, it offers a wide range of in-depth academic possibilities in the form of courses that can be adapted to the specific passions of each individual student.
There are a total of 97,066 students registered to attend classes at the University of Toronto during the academic year beginning in the fall of 2021-22. The number of people who applied to graduate programs was 21,484, while the number of people who applied to undergraduate programs was 75,582. International students made up 27,130 of the total 97,066 enrollments at the university. Across all three campuses, students at the University of Toronto can participate in more than 1,100 different clubs, groups, and activities. In addition, the University of Toronto provides a housing guarantee for full-time students who are enrolling in their first year of an undergraduate degree at the university. There are a total of forty libraries on the University of Toronto’s campus, making it the third-largest library system in all of North America. Please see: Application for Admission to the University of Toronto
Scholarships from the University of Toronto are offered to students from other countries to help them handle the costs of tuition and other living expenses. Along with its colleges, faculties, and divisions, the University of Toronto is responsible for the administration of over 5,700 admission prizes with a combined value of nearly $36 million. The vast majority of our admission grants for international students seeking undergraduate degrees are bestowed mechanically as an integral component of the admissions evaluation process. The University of Toronto Scholars Program and the President’s Scholars of Excellence Program are the two most prestigious scholarship opportunities for entering the university. Some of the more well-known scholarship opportunities for international students include the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program, the Joseph L. Rotman Scholarship, the University of Toronto Mississauga Guaranteed Entrance Scholarship, and many others.
The University of Toronto (U of T) has an extensive alumni network consisting of 640,000 former students who are blazing new trails in their professional lives and local communities while also effecting positive change in other parts of the world. Graduates of the University of Toronto are urged to make the most of their time at the university by cultivating relationships that will last a lifetime and taking advantage of the innumerable chances to learn, network, develop professionally, and contribute meaningfully to the community. Jennie Smillie Robertson, who was the first female surgeon in Canada, William Lyon Mackenzie King, who held the record for the longest term as Prime Minister in Canadian history, Lester B. Pearson, who was Prime Minister of Canada and recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1957, Julie Payette, who was an astronaut for the Canadian Space Agency and the 29th Governor General of Canada, and many other prominent Canadians are among the university’s notable alumni.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Toronto
Scholarship Country: Canada
Scholarship Worth: $15,000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The OGS has a value of $5,000 per meeting that it hosts. As a result, recipients of the award are eligible to receive either $10,000 or $15,000 if they attend two or three consecutive sessions. In every situation, the awarding graduate unit will be responsible for making a contribution equal to one-third of the entire cost of the award that the students will be receiving.
- Each scholarship can be renewed for a total of one year (i.e., two consecutive or three academic sessions). The granting graduate unit will determine the value of each OGS award as well as the duration of the award, and this information will be mentioned in the offer letter.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- In order to be considered for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship for International Students, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A certain proportion of OGS awards are reserved for international students currently enrolled or planning to enroll at the University of Toronto on a temporary resident visa (student study permit) (valid study permits must be effective as of the graduate units’ OGS international application deadline);
- Have met the student deadline set by each graduate unit and be a citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person under paragraph 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada);
- Full-time enrollment in a qualifying program in 2023-2024 (or the intent to do so);
- Have you not used up all the money you can get from the government in one lifetime, or used up all the money you can get from the OGS and QEII programs combined?
- in light of their current academic standing;
- Have a cumulative GPA (or equivalent) of at least 3.0 in the last two years of study (full-time equivalent); or if the student has completed two years or more of graduate studies at the time of application, the student need only demonstrate an overall average of at least 3.0 in all graduate courses completed.
The University Of Toronto 2023 Ontario Graduate Scholarship for International Students (Canada) is open to all International Students
If you are a first-year student at the University of London and you are paying the home fee, you should apply for the Full-time Undergraduate Bursary for the 2022-2023 school year. The purpose of the scholarship is to help incoming freshmen who have shown strong ambition for higher education and a desire to make a positive impact in their communities on their way to achieving their own personal and professional objectives.
- Applicants are required to submit an OGS application to their intended graduate unit by using the centralized online OGS application that is provided by the University of Toronto School of Graduate Studies. Every graduate department will set their own internal submission deadline, and applicants will be expected to comply to that deadline. Candidates must first go through the OGS Application Instructions before submitting their applications.
- After the applicant has finished filling out and submitting the application online in its entirety, the document will be made accessible to the suggested graduate unit for examination and consideration
The application deadline for University Of Toronto 2023 Ontario Graduate Scholarship for International Students (Canada) is June 1, 2023.