The purpose of the UCL Global Masters Scholarship is to make it possible for and encourage students from lower income backgrounds from throughout the world to undertake full-time Master’s degree studies at the University of Cambridge.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
UCL is one of the best universities in the world in terms of diversity, with over 11,000 faculty and staff and 39,000 students from 150 different countries. It is one of the two original campuses of the University of London and was established in the heart of the city in 1826. UCL was the first institution in England to accept students of all faiths and the first to admit women on an equal basis with men. Research at UCL is focused on addressing the Grand Challenges of global health, sustainable cities, cultural understanding, human wellbeing, transformative technology, and justice and equality, reflecting the institution’s commitment to its founding principles of academic excellence and research aimed at solving real-world problems.
UCL is dedicated to research, education, and innovation at the highest levels, as evidenced by its placement in the top seven international rankings (Opens in new window). According to the most recent data compiled by the Research Excellence Framework, UCL’s research capabilities place it at the top of the UK (Opens in new window). Degree programs in the Institute of Education, the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, the Faculty of Brain Sciences, the Faculty of Built Environment, the Faculty of Engineering Sciences, the Faculty of Laws, the Faculty of Life Sciences, the Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, the Faculty of Medicine, the Faculty of Population Health Sciences, the Faculty of Social and Historical Sciences, and the Faculty of Medicine at UCL all benefit from the knowledge of UCL’s renowned faculty. Often referred to as “London’s Global University,” University Institution London is the largest and oldest college at the University of London. Now the best research university in the United Kingdom, it ranks eighth worldwide in the latest QS World Institution Rankings (2022). (Research Excellence Framework). The school has been around since 1826 and now has over 40,000 pupils, with 53% being from outside the country.
UCL is part of the League of European Research Universities, a network of European research universities that aspires to influence European policy and promote best practices through mutual sharing of experience, and the prestigious Russell Group of UK institutions. There are 30 Nobel Laureates working and studying at UCL, where 840 academics and 7,000 academic staff are devoted to research and instruction in 11 departments and schools. UCL has strong relationships to several major teaching institutions, including Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Royal Free Hospital, and Moorfields Eye Hospital, all of which provide clinical training opportunities for students.
In order to give its students the tools they need to become effective global citizens, University College London is a strong proponent of the concept of education for global citizenship. Before the start of each semester, the International Office at University College London offers an orientation program for new international students to help them get acclimated to their new environment and begin the semester on the right foot. Each undergraduate student has their own personal tutor, and if additional assistance is needed, departments can bring in departmental and faculty tutors. The following are all areas in which you may benefit from working with a private tutor:
UCL is a public, nonprofit university in the heart of the bustling city of London (population range of over 5,000,000 inhabitants). Privy Council recognizes and charters University College London (UCL), a large (uniRank enrollment range: 40,000-44,999 students) coeducational UK higher education institution. University College London (UCL) is a prestigious university in London, United Kingdom, offering undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees in a wide range of disciplines. The following is a matrix comparing uniRank degree levels to common fields of study. This 194-year-old British university has a rigorous admissions process that includes tests and consideration of students’ grades and test scores from previous institutions. International students from all over the world are encouraged to apply. There are a variety of academic and extracurricular resources available to students, including a library, sports facilities, study abroad and exchange programs, and administrative support.
The Bartlett, which focuses on architecture and planning, the Arts and Humanities, Brain Sciences, Engineering, Education, Laws, Life Sciences, Mathematics and Physical Sciences, Medicine, Population Health, the Social and Historical Sciences, and the Arts and Humanities. There are several affiliated medical facilities with the university, including the University College Hospital and the Royal National Throat, Nose, and Ear Hospital. The primary areas of transdisciplinary study at UCL are in the fields of neuroscience, personalized medicine, populations and lifelong health, the environment, and eResearch. The university has a long tradition of academic achievement. In 1904, for instance, a chemistry professor at UCL received the Nobel Prize in chemistry for his work in discovering noble gases like neon. Bloomsbury is a neighborhood in central London that is home to University College London. It is surrounded by a variety of cultural and academic institutions, including museums, libraries, professional organizations, performing arts centers, hospitals, and research facilities.
Adjacent to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, a brand-new, cutting-edge UCL East campus is currently under construction to accommodate 4,000 students and 260 faculty members from across eight different UCL schools. All first-year international undergraduate and graduate students are assured housing, which includes both catered and self-catered halls of residence, as well as catered inter-collegiate halls and privately rented lodging arranged by partner organizations. Offers a variety of academic and administrative support services, including a library, sports facilities, study abroad and exchange programs, and more.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University College London
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £15,000
Scholarship Type: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- In the academic year 2023–2024, there will be a maximum of seventy (seventy) scholarships available.
- The amount of the bursary is fifteen thousand pounds.
- The scholarship is only valid for one year, unless the full-time program lasts for two years. In that case, it can be renewed for a second year. If that is the case, then the scholarship will be paid out at a rate of 50% per year.
- There is a possibility of receiving the UCL Global Masters Scholarship in addition to other awards, studentships, bursaries, or scholarships. The overall value of additional monies received by the student may result in a reduction or increase in the amount of the UCL grant they are eligible to receive.
- The recipients of the UCL Global Masters Scholarship are obligated to immediately notify the UCL Student Funding Office of any other funding opportunities related to their studies for the UCL Master’s degree, regardless of whether those opportunities came before or after they were awarded the UCL Global Masters Scholarship.
- The scholarship will initially be used to pay the recipient’s tuition costs; any remaining funds will be paid to the recipient in the form of a maintenance stipend in the form of equal installments spread out over the course of the academic year.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Candidates can come from any nation that is not the United Kingdom, but they have to meet all of the following requirements:
- be qualified to pay the overseas rate of the applicable fee;
- originate from families with a lower average income;
- AND have already applied to UCL for admission to the Master’s program that will be offered there for the 2023–2024 academic year. Please be aware that choices for studying at a distance are ineligible for this fund; students must travel to the United Kingdom in order to attend UCL in person.
- The Student Funding Office makes recommendations regarding who should get the scholarship based on the applicant’s demonstrated financial need.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The University College London 2023 Global Masters Scholarship is open to all International Students
- Visit the website of UCL for further information.
The application deadline for University College London 2023 Global Masters Scholarship is April 27, 2023