About the University
The University of Hamburg is a public research university located in Hamburg, Germany. It was founded in 1919 and is one of the oldest and largest universities in Germany.
The University of Hamburg has a strong focus on research and is home to a number of research institutes and centers, including the Hamburg Observatory, the Institute for Social Research, and the Center for Earth System Research and Sustainability.
The University of Hamburg offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in a variety of fields, including the humanities, natural sciences, social sciences, law, economics, and medicine. It has a strong international presence and attracts students and scholars from around the world.
In addition to its academic programs, the University of Hamburg is also home to a number of cultural and recreational facilities, including libraries, museums, and sports facilities. The university is located in the heart of Hamburg, a vibrant and cosmopolitan city with a rich cultural history.
Overall, the University of Hamburg is a well-respected institution with a strong commitment to research and a diverse and international community of students and scholars. If you are interested in studying at the University of Hamburg, be sure to check out their website for more information on admissions and available programs.
Studying for a Doctorate Degree Abroad
Pursuing a doctorate degree abroad can be a challenging but rewarding experience. If you are considering studying for a doctorate degree abroad, there are a few key steps you should take to ensure a successful and fulfilling experience.
- Research potential programs and institutions: Start by identifying the countries and institutions that offer doctorate programs in your area of interest. Look for programs that have a strong reputation and faculty with expertise in your field. Consider factors such as location, cost, and the availability of funding and scholarships.
- Consider language requirements: Depending on the country and institution you choose, you may need to demonstrate proficiency in the local language or in English. Make sure you have the necessary language skills or are prepared to learn the language before applying.
- Understand the application process: The application process for doctorate programs abroad can vary depending on the institution and country. Be sure to carefully review the requirements and deadlines for each program you are considering. You may need to provide transcripts, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and possibly take entrance exams.
- Plan for funding: Funding for doctorate programs abroad can be competitive, so it is important to start your search early and explore all your options. Look for funding opportunities from your home country and the host country, as well as from the institution and external sources such as foundations and grants.
- Get support: Studying for a doctorate degree abroad can be a challenging and isolating experience, so it is important to have support from your family, friends, and colleagues. Consider joining a support group or finding a mentor who can provide guidance and encouragement.
Overall, pursuing a doctorate degree abroad requires careful planning and dedication, but the experience can be extremely rewarding. With the right preparation and support, you can achieve your academic and professional goals and gain a unique and enriching experience.
About the Scholarship
Do you want to study for a doctorate in Germany with everything paid for? A new opportunity for excellence is presented for international students interested in preparing academically abroad. The University of Hamburg will be responsible for hosting and training the scholarship winners in any of the fields they select.
The University of Hamburg is internationally recognized for its high educational levels, as well as for the support and funding programs it grants to students from all over the globe who demonstrate academic and research potential. The main benefit provided by this scholarship is the allocation of university tuition.
Study in Europe
Institutions where you will study:
University of Hamburg, Germany.
Levels and areas of studies:
Ph.D. in any of the available fields.
Who can participate?:
International students who demonstrate academic potential.
The University of Hamburg will consign the following prizes:
- University enrollment in doctorate for one (1) year. There may be exceptions where this support is extended.
- Monthly fund of 1,200 euros. This amount can be increased only for the parents in order to cover the expenses of the children.
Conditions that participants must meet:
- Being a national or international student.
- The last university degree obtained must not exceed one (1) year old, in case of not fulfilling the possibility of winning the scholarship is reduced.
- Fluent in English, it is not known if he must handle the German language or present a certificate of knowledge of both.
- Submit a formal application for the full doctoral scholarship in Germany through the University of Hamburg admission system.
Instructions to apply:
- Transcripts and academic records.
- Personal statement.
- Motivation letter.
- Passport copies.
- Application for admission completed successfully.
- Among others.
To learn more about this global scholarship in Germany, visit the official website of the University of Hamburg and check out each step and process you will need to follow to win this important financial support award.
Until December 2, 2023.