The prestigious and highly competitive Korea Global Scholarship 2021 is now open for applications. The GKS 2021 was previously known as the KGSP Korean Government Scholarship Program. Global Korea Scholarship 2021 in South Korea. It is a fully-funded scholarship for Masters and PhDs. This international scholarship in Korea is sponsored by the Korean government. The KGSP 2021 will select 1,278 international students from 155 countries who wish to pursue a postgraduate degree (master’s or doctorate) or research in Korea.
All selected students will be placed in different universities in South Korea. The Korean Ministry of Education aims to increase international exchanges and competitiveness. There are over 104,000 international students who have been on this Korean scholarship since 2016.
The fields are not limited, all candidates would have many options to pursue their career. There are two ways to apply for this international scholarship, either by sending your documents to the Korean Embassy in your country or directly to the Korean national university.
Why should you study in South Korea?
Compared to European countries, South Korea offers well-prepared scholarships, cheap living expenses, and accommodation. Additionally, all international students develop cross-cultural understanding, explore international labs, and experience different cities in South Korea.
It is one of the most competitive and best scholarships in the world. It is similar to other programs fully funded international scholarships such as Fulbright Scholarship United States, Scholarship Chinese Government Scholarship Burslari Turkey, Scholarship government of Austria, Scholarship government of Romania, Grant the government of New Zealand, Stipend Netherlands government scholarships Hungricum Scholarship and Daad Scholarships in Germany.
Institutions where the studies will be carried out:
Please see the attached “GKS-G 2021 Universities and Fields of Study” file attached in the Application Guidelines for general information. Contact each university for more information.
Levels and areas of studies:
- Doctoral Program: 4 years
– 1 year of the Korean language program
– 3 years of the regular degree program
- Master’s Program: 3 years
– 1 year of the Korean language program
– 2 years of the degree program
- Research program: 6 months
Who can participate ?:
All International students can apply.
Endowment of the scholarship:
The fully funded scholarship in South Korea will cover all expenses of the selected students. The scholarship will cover:
- Airfare (return air ticket)
- Settlement allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry into Korea)
- Monthly Grant: (Master’s Programs) 900,000 KRW per month, (Research Programs) 1,500,000 KRW per month
- Research Grant
– Liberal Arts and Social
Sciences Specializations : KRW 210,000 per semester – Natural Sciences and Engineering Specializations: KRW 240,000 per semester
- 1 Year Korean Language Training Fee – Fully Covered
- Program Tuition: Fully Covered
- Refund of thesis printing fee
- Health insurance: KRW 20,000 per month
- Degree completion stipend: 100,000 KRW
- Korean competition stipend: 100,000 KRW per month
Conditions that participants must meet:
- All international students can apply.
- Korean citizens are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates for graduate programs must be under 40 years of age.
- Candidates applying for a graduate program must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree and 90% qualifications.
- A person who has already made use of the Korean scholarship is not eligible to apply.
- Be in good health.
Instructions to apply:
There are two ways to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2021. Either at the Korean Embassy in your country or directly at the National University of Korea.
- When applying at the Korean embassy, the candidate must send original or certified documents to the embassy.
- On the other hand, applying directly to the university requires the candidate to present all the documents to the national university.
- If you apply through the embassy, you can apply at up to 3 universities, while if you apply directly to the university, you can only apply at 1 university.
- Students who pass the second round of the Embassy monitoring process should not consider it the final selection.
Required Documents for South Korea Scholarships:
- Recommendation letters
- Certified transcripts
- Purpose statement
- Published articles
- Certificate of proficiency
- Medical evaluation form
Varies according to the country of origin (end of March)