This highly specific scholarships available from The Palgrave Brown Foundation is looking for one student who fits all of the necessary requirements this scholarship has been established towards. The Palgrave Brown Bursary Fund to provide funding for undergraduates from certain Eastern European countries (which are listed below as first primary concern) who are in need of financial assistance when it comes to living situations.
This immediate living assistance coverage would renew annually over a 3-4 year duration period. However, students that are applying for a medical degree would face a strict end at their 4-year duration, if they have applied for a 6-year degree. This is based on Oxford and The Palgrave Brown Bursary Fund’s strict guidelines and rules.
- All potential applicants should send in their application to the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course starting around October 15, 2022.
- Recipients will be notified by April 2023 to ensure their place and successful attempt at winning this scholarship.
- A major requirement for the student to keep this scholarship throughout the duration of the academic year, is to produce an annual report about their academic and social activities that have been committed at Oxford.
- This one of the top most competitive scholarships at Oxford, so students should understand that they must put their best academic foot forward to be considered a chosen recipient.
- All international students may apply. However, students from these countries will be considered first priority: Albania; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Belarus; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria; Croatia; Czech Republic; Estonia; Georgia; Hungary; Kazakhstan; Kyrgyz Rep.; Latvia; Lithuania; Macedonia; Moldova; Montenegro; Poland; Romania; Russia; Serbia; Slovakia; Slovenia; Tajikistan; Turkmenistan; Ukraine; Uzbekistan.
- International students should have their student visa ready when it comes to moving to the United Kingdom to attend to their studies in person.
- All students must attend as a full-time student to ensure they are committed to this academic scholarship.
Only undergraduates who are studying one of this subjects may apply for this scholarship:
- Archaeology and Anthropology
- Fine Art
- Oriental Studies
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and English
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Human Sciences
- Materials Science
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Theology
- Physics and Philosophy
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
- Earth Sciences (Geology)
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Religion and Oriental Studies
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Theology and Religion
And a few other undergraduate courses that fit the criteria.
How to Apply
Students who wish to follow this scholarship requirements to the best of their ability, should understand what the guidelines are installed to ensure that students can successfully acquire this scholarship award.
Students must first be accepted to the University of Oxford as a first-year undergraduate. Any student from any country may apply and be accepted, their is no nationality restriction here. Primary students from these countries will be considered first: Albania; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Belarus; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria; Croatia; Czech Republic; Estonia; Georgia; Hungary; Kazakhstan; Kyrgyz Rep.; Latvia; Lithuania; Macedonia; Moldova; Montenegro; Poland; Romania; Russia; Serbia; Slovakia; Slovenia; Tajikistan; Turkmenistan; Ukraine; Uzbekistan.
The student must have a 3-4 year duration major already planned out. That means the course a student takes must be considered for 3-4 years once that course has been accepted by the student. Otherwise the scholarship will go towards a student who has these plans for a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The reward for this scholarship opportunity is a near 13,000 euros which will go towards annual living costs only. This amount will in no way go towards educational fees or other education fees, instead this amount is solely for living arrangements preferably the dorms or accommodations associated with the University of Oxford.
It should be noted by all students that are taking on a medical degree, that if they do undertake a 6-year duration medical degree, they would only receive funding for the first 4 years of the course.
To understand how competitive this award is, their is only one award per academic year given out to one student who fits the entire requirements listed throughout this scholarship.
The official deadline is based on what students have received acceptance to the University of Oxford and a dorm by February 9, 2023. This will be for the academic student body in 2023, not 2022. The 2022 time frame has already passed by so students will need to attend undergraduate classes for the 2023 to be considered acceptable for this scholarship fund.
Open Submissions Window Time Frame
Undergraduate students have until February 9, 2023 to submit all of their transcript information and official documents, as well as, acquire the acceptance letter to the University of Oxford. If a student has yet to receive their acceptance letter as an undergraduate student they should us the “contact section” to ensure that they are within the “rights and guidelines” of the scholarship.
This is an annual scholarship that is only given to recipients that fall into the undergraduate category. Students that are entering or have been accepted to the University of Oxford at a higher degree level will not be considered eligible for this scholarship funding opportunity.
If any student or individual has any questions that have not been thoroughly answered on the University of Oxford website (original link is provided on this page) then the student should use the “contact section” to contact the University of Oxford, preferably the main phone number or admissions.
Other scholarships that available to Uzbekistan citizens such as this one, would be the Graduate Studies Scholarships at University of Jinan in China which covers the subject field of computer science research and studies. Luckily, China looks for Eastern European citizens to take their full 4-year program courses to add more additions to their international student population. There are other scholarships available to citizens of Uzbekistan that focus on science, math, history, fine arts, literature, culture, language studies, and more.