Cascadia College is happy to announce the availability of funding options for both incoming and continuing international students at the college. To be eligible for consideration during the selection process, each and every scholarship application must be submitted before the deadline. After the 30th day of the quarter for which the award was granted, beneficiaries will be notified that they have been awarded a scholarship, and the awards will be distributed to them. Scholarships offered by Cascadia International are one-time awards, and the monetary value of each scholarship is different depending on their category.
Students who have demonstrated outstanding talent or achievements in one or more of the following areas: academic merit, leadership, and/or community service, are eligible to apply for the Global Achievement Scholarships. These scholarships are awarded to students who have demonstrated strong academic achievement. The value of each award is $1,250.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The Cascadia College is a public institution that may be found in Bothell, Washington, in the Seattle Metropolitan Area. It is a relatively modest educational establishment with a total of 1,451 undergraduate students enrolled. The acceptance rate in Cascadia is a hundred percent. The Liberal Arts and Humanities, Business, and Computer Programming are three of the most common majors chosen by students. Alumni of Cascadia University, of which 37% of students graduate, earn an average starting income of $34,000 after graduation. Since 2006, Cascadia has collaborated with UW Bothell to eliminate the use of pesticides across campus. In addition, the university now maintains a campus farm, three orchard areas (including a Food Forest), various rain gardens, and building catchment systems. The joint campus also contains a wetland that has been restored to its original size of 58 acres, making it one of the largest sites of its kind on the Western Coast of the United States.
A national AASHE Campus Achievement award for excellence in achievements was given to the Cascadia Permaculture Cornucopia Food Forest. The award was given because the food forest showcased a mix of environmental green space, equity and inclusion options for food access and cultural plantings, and space for staff, faculty, and students to use as both a living laboratory and a relaxation space.
The Global Learning and the Arts Building (Mobius Hall or CC3) and the Discovery Hall (DISC) are the two buildings on the joint campus that have earned LEED certification: the former has earned the Platinum rating, and the latter has earned the Gold rating. Solar panels, an architectural style that allows sunlight to be captured to be used to heat and light buildings, green roofs, energy-efficient HVAC systems, water catchment cisterns, and FSC certified wood are some of the elements that can be found in both of these structures. The Miller Hull Partnership was the firm that was in charge of the architectural design for the Center for Global Learning & the Arts.
Both an associate’s degree in Environmental Technology and Sustainable Practices (ETSP) and a bachelor’s degree in Applied Science in Sustainable Practices are offered by Cascadia. Both programs are centered on the concept of sustainability (BASSP). The programs share a common emphasis on environmentalism and sustainability, with the ETSP program specializing in Energy and Water and the BASSP program being more comprehensive with a focus on project and management. Both programs have a strong commitment to minimizing negative societal and environmental impacts. The BASSP program is an applied bachelor’s degree program, with a focus on out of classroom experiences, a mix of hybrid and fully in-person classes, and a cohort model with internship and capstone requirements. The program is designed to guide students towards a career in sustainability within companies, organizations, and government.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Cascadia College
Scholarship Country: United States
Scholarship Worth: $1,250
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Each recipient of a scholarship will get $1,250.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Applicants are required to be enrolled at the time of application. Students at Cascadia who have already completed at least one quarter’s worth of coursework at the institution
- It is mandatory for applicants to have at least one class scheduled for the subsequent academic quarter.
- The Global Achievement Award in Academic Merit is awarded only once every academic year (Summer-Spring), although applicants are able to submit a new application in the spring for the Global Achievement Scholarship in Leadership and/or Community Service.
- Necessary Forms and Documents for the Application
- Application That Is Totally Finished (Required). Kindly write in a nice hand and be sure to respond to all of the questions.
- Personal Statement (Required). A personal statement is something that will be asked from each and every application (500 words max). The categories of scholarships will serve as the basis for the topics. For further information, kindly check the many sorts of scholarships that are listed below.
- Formal Letter of Recommendation (Required). Recommendation letters are to be submitted by applicants, and they are obliged to submit at least one, but may submit up to two (s).
- Unofficial Cascadia Transcript (Required)
The Cascadia College 2023 Global Achievement Scholarships for International Students is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application to Cascadia College, please visit www.cascadia.edu.
The application deadline for the Cascadia College 2023 Global Achievement Scholarships for International Students is November 15, 2023.