The Denmark Technical Advanced University was founded in 1829, one of the first universities to bring high technology into the world. As the world progressed further into the future, the university has seen some of the brightest minds this world has been blessed to see.
The origin of this University starts with founder H.C. Ørsted, who was himself the sole person to discover electromagnetism.
Typical in-state tuition costs around $26,000 USD while international students will need to pay the fees for an easy $120,000 tuition. The reasons around this involve a lot of the paper work involved to keep students at the university before there student visa’s expire.
However, in Denmark university stays are considered free under their education law. The university has an average student population of 11,000.
In the year, 2007 the University of Denmark actually merged with the resulting research laboratories in Denmark, creating one of the largest IT Tech institutes as well as one of the oldest.
- Undergraduate students may apply
- Students studying towards a master’s degree may apply
- International students are only accepted if the student is from Denmark they will need to apply to a different scholarship offered by the university
- International students must have a student visa
- International students must have all of their necessary paperwork and transcripts to provide to the Denmark University
This university does country-specific scholarships:
- Australia – John Monash Foundation
- Colombia – COLFUTURO
- Egypt – Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
- India – Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program
- Indonesia – Beasiwa Pendidikan Indonesia (BPI) Scholarship/Thesis and Dissertation Scholarship/The MCIT/Beasiswa Kemkoinfo scholarship/LPDP Indonesia Scholarship
- Kazakhstan – Bolashak International Scholarship/BECAS MOB/CONACYT
- Russia – Global Education Program
- Singapore – DUO Singapore
- South Africa – FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar Scholarship
- Turkey – TEV – Garring Foundation’s Scholarships for Denmark
- USA – Fulbright Scholarship/Fulbright-National Geographic Digital Storytelling Fellowship/American – Scandinavian Foundation (ASF) in New York City
Denmark Tech University offers four students a fully covered tuition scholarship to those that show exceptional excellence.
Students must have excellent language skills to attend this university.
For students who have a Bachelor from outside of Denmark these are the rules:
- Read the entry requirements
- Highly disciplined students who have had advanced courses in science or engineering is required for admission
- The GPA must stay above the 75% mark, meaning most students should try to keep a steady 3.7 GPA
The Departments available:
- DTU Aqua, National Institute for Aquatic Resources
- DTU Business, DTU Executive School of Business
- DTU Cen, Center for Electron Nanoscopy
- DTU Centre for Technology Entrepreneurship
- DTU Chemical Engineering, Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
- DTU Chemistry, Department of Chemistry
- DTU Civil Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering
- DTU Compute, Institut for Matematik og Computer Science
- DTU Danchip, National Center for Micro and Nanofabrication
- DTU Diplom, Department of Bachelor Engineering
- DTU Electrical Engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering
- DTU Environment, Department of Environmental Engineering
- DTU Executive School of Business
- DTU Food, National Food Institute
- DTU Fotonik, Department of Photonics Engineering
- DTU Management Engineering, Department of Management Engineering
- DTU Mechanical Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- DTU Nanotech, Department of Micro-and Nanotechnology
- DTU Physics, Department of Physics
- Risø DTU, National Laboratory for Sustainable Energy
- DTU Space, National Space Institute
How to Apply
The only way to apply is if the applicants intend on attending the university. If so, then all university admission applications should be sent in at the same time as the scholarship application.
Students can apply online.
Full tuition will be covered by the university, so the 4 students chosen will proceed for a 4-year college term for free.
The living expenses will be partially paid for as well.
There are two deadlines as well as, two open submission window dates. April 1st, 2022, and October 1st, 2022 are the deadline dates.
This means the deadline dates are Spring and Fall. Meaning that the open submission window dates are for Winter and Summer.
This is an annual scholarship that occurs twice a year, or once a semester.