The Tan Kah Kee Postgraduate Scholarship (TKKPS) was first offered by the Foundation in 1983 and is open annually to students of all races pursuing their Ph.D. or Master’s degrees. Professional degrees such as Master of Business Administration (MBA) are excluded.
TKKPS was set up the after Tan Kah Kee Foundation was officially established. The mission of the Foundation is to carry on the charity works and to foster the Tan Kah Kee spirit in entrepreneurship and dedication to education.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident;
- Outstanding academic record (a good Honours Degree or equivalent);
- A record of sustained commitment to serving the community;
- Effectively bilingual.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit:
- The completed application form (.docx) and all supporting documents via email to the scholarship email.
- Personal statement
- Certificates and transcripts of every completed year of study in College / University
- A confidential letter of recommendation from the current supervisor of undergraduate or postgraduate studies or employer
- Documentary evidence to prove that the applicant has been admitted to the stated college/ university for the course indicated on the application form
- Recommendation letter testifying or supporting documents (e.g. testimonials, press reports, samples of work, etc) regarding track record in community service or volunteer work [Referee that email to us directly, please indicate <TKKPS(YEAR), applicant’s full name, referee letter> on the Subject matters]
INCOMPLETE applications will be rejected. Regretfully, submissions will not be returned.
- For online submission: Please DO NOT submit in PDF form or change the format of the application form.
- The rest of the supporting documents can be submitted in PDF.
- Please also fill up the form in ENGLISH.
$12,000 in USD
Registered individuals will be notified from April 30th – May 30. The deadline is early in the year and has changed since Covid-19. We suggest applying within January 2022 year.