The American University in Cairo seeks students who have distinguished themselves in a meaningful way and who show considerable academic performance. The University also considers applicants’ personal achievements outside the classroom, as demonstrated by sustained participation, commitment, and leadership in school and community activities.
To qualify for admission, applicants must complete all secondary school graduation requirements, maintain a high level of academic performance and submit all required documents before the set deadlines. Having the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee admission to the University, but rather ensures entry to the selection process.
- Be Egyptian student graduates from public, experimental, STEM, and Nile schools in AY 2020-2021
- Have an outstanding secondary school academic record
- Demonstrate financial need
- Meet AUC admission requirements
- Students must pass either the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 5.5 and a writing score of 5.5 or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum total score of 62 and a writing score of 17.
How To Apply/Requirements
- Submit the online application form. (Application is available online only). The application can be renewed from the fall to the spring semester of the same academic year only. A new application should be submitted for a new academic year.
- Fulfill the requirements of your secondary school certificate. The most common secondary school certificates accepted by AUC are listed below. The minimum cut-off scores for each certificate may change from one semester to another according to University requirements. Having the minimum academic requirements does not grant you an offer of a place but rather ensures entry to the selection process.
- Thanawiya Amma
- German Abitur
- IGCSE/GCSE/GCE British Certificate
- International Baccalaureate
- French Baccalaureate
- American High School Diploma
- Canadian Certificates
- Other Certificates
If you plan to major in science or engineering, check out the requirements.
- Note: Late submission of admission credentials decreases your chances of declaring science and engineering majors because places in these programs are limited.
- Check that you have fulfilled all the University’s language requirements, as demonstrated by your TOEFL/IELTS scores.
- Results of the TOEFL/IELTS exams may be sent directly to the admissions office. AUC’s code number is 0903
- Both tests should be completed no more than two years prior to the first day of the term for which you are applying for admission
- English placement depends on your TOEFL/IELTS test scores
- Students who believe their placement in the ELI is not appropriate for their level of English proficiency are encouraged to re-take the TOEFL or IELTS. AUC does not offer “exemption” exams of any kind
- The deadline to submit improved English placement test scores is the last working day before the first day of classes each semester
- Check that you have submitted all required documents by the set deadlines. Your application and a final admission decision will be pending the submission of all these documents. Applications submitted after the set deadlines will be considered according to space availability.
- Provisional Admission: AUC considers the most academically qualified applicants for provisional admission if they earned excellent grades or submitted the necessary documents prior to the set deadlines.
- Final acceptance will be given after submitting your final transcript and proof of graduation by or before the assigned deadlines.
- For information about tuition and fees, check the website.
NOTE: Tuition and fees for newly admitted students are non-refundable.
May 31, 2021