Scholarships from ETH Zurich are always intended to provide subsidiary funding. In other words, they are designed to supplement other financial resources, and in particular other scholarships from the student’s canton of residence or country of origin. ETH Zurich scholarships do not completely cover the costs of studies and living.
There is an available online scholarship calculator that can aid students in figuring out what they may need to pay upfront with fees and deposits.
This scholarship takes place in Zurich, Switzerland which offers students that are local and international with various opportunities with this ivy league status university.
- Must be in the top 10% if a student is applying for the Bachelor’s section
- Eligible students must provide current and accurate contact information
- Telephone interviews take place in February of each year, this is how a student knows that they have successfully been placed into the 2nd round of students who may win this scholarship
For students who are applying to the Master’s section, those students will need to upload their Master’s thesis.
The pre-proposal for the Master’s thesis must be developed by the applicants and no one else, and the students must use an established scientific citation practice.
Plagiarism, negligent or intentional misinformation will lead to exclusion from the admission process or – if discovered later – to the revocation of the admission and of any scholarship.
Scholarships are available for these fields:
Civil Engineering Master
Environmental Engineering Master
Integrated Building Systems Master
Spatial Development and Infrastructure Systems Master
Landscape Architecture Master
Biomedical Engineering Master
Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Master
Computer Science Master
Cyber Security Master
Data Science Master
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology Master
Energy Science and Technology Master
Materials Science Master
Mechanical Engineering Master
Micro and Nanosystems Master
Neural Systems and Computation Master
Nuclear Engineering Master
Processs Engineering Master
Quantum Engineering Master
Robotics, Systems and Control Master
Computational Science and Engineering Master
High Energy Physics Master
Interdisciplinary Sciences Master
Mathematics/Applied Mathematics Master
Pharmaceutical Sciences Master
Quantitative Finance Master
How to Apply
- ESOP applications are supplied via eApply (online Master application). eApply is an online scholarship application portal that can only be completed via online. This applies to any student who is applying for a Bachelor’s as well.
- This scholarship covers the full tuition that’s needed, even depending on varied cost. The student will not pay any tuition.
- Living costs are also covered, averaging out to students as a monthly allowance for living wages.
- The reward with money amount is CHF 12’000 per semester. This will last for at least a full year, if not longer. Dorm living is covered by the scholarship completely. Also the tuition fee will be waived when accepted as the winner of this scholarship.
- The open submission begins on November 1 and lasts through to the deadline on December 12, 2021
- This is an annual scholarship that occurs with the same deadline and submission window each year. This scholarship is also renewable for each student, they just need to pick the category such as (bachelor, master’s Ph.D.) for their current educational ranking.