The forthcoming class scholarships have been made public following an official announcement made by the University of Leicester. It is widely regarded as being among the finest establishments in every region of the world. The University of Leicester is currently accepting applications for Education Ph.D. Tuition Fee Waivers for the academic years 2022-2023. Students who hold a UK Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of a 2:1 and a Master’s Degree or abroad similar qualifications are now eligible for Education Ph.D. Tuition Fee Waivers at the University of Leicester. These students must also have a Master’s Degree or overseas equivalent qualifications. Students from the United Kingdom as well as those from other countries are encouraged to apply. Beginning in January 2023, the College of Social Sciences, Arts, and Humanities is providing a handful of successful PhD applicants with the opportunity to have their tuition fees waived.
Applications and proposals for research to be conducted toward a doctorate in Education are welcome in the following research areas. Please read the following list of the supervisor’s research interests, and if any of these subject areas are of interest to you, prepare your proposal using our Research Proposal Form (docx., 144kb), and submit your online application following the guidelines under our How To Apply section, which can be found towards the bottom of this web page.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
It’s a fantastic example of British culture and history, and rightly considered a national treasure. The University of Leicester is one of the nation’s oldest institutions of higher education, having opened its doors in 1921. Undergraduates and graduate students have a wide range of degree options to select from at this institution. Leicester University is a leading academic institution due to its cutting-edge facilities and highly qualified teaching staff.
In order to give students with a research-based education, Leicester University has partnered with government authorities, other universities, and research groups. Additionally, it has partnered with businesses to undertake research ideas with economic potential. Some of the specialized research centers at the University of California, Berkeley are the Institute for Cultural and Media Economics, the Precision Medicine Institute, the Institute for Advanced Studies, the Institute for Space and Earth Observation, and the Institute for Structural and Chemical Biology. The lovely city of Leicester is home to the University of Leicester, which is equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories, libraries, studios for the visual and performing arts, computing centers, and more to facilitate its world-class teaching and learning practices.
Experts in a variety of professions provide talks about the latest developments in their respective industries, and these events are frequently held on campus. Leicester is committed to providing its pupils with a well-rounded education, which includes both traditional classroom learning and experiential opportunities like factory tours and workshops. In addition, the school offers training courses that help students learn new skills and adapt to technological changes. In addition, there is a placement cell and career guidance services available to students. This has been made possible through the establishment of partnerships with firms that provide internship and employment opportunities for students. The University of Leicester has an international focus and is known for its research. People from all over the world attend this school with the hopes of furthering their education. The teaching faculty represents a wide range of countries and ethnicities.
The campus regularly hosts emeritus professors from prestigious colleges throughout the world for lectures and seminars. The university’s alumni network is so vast that its graduates can be found in every corner of the globe. In addition, they pay visits to the institution in order to inspire students by telling them about their own experiences with overcoming obstacles. The faculty, staff, and students of Leicester University are working together to create a global community. The University of Leicester is dedicated to its students’ growth as whole people. It cares about the health of its students, both academically and emotionally. Multiple sports arenas, fitness centers, dining halls, performance halls, and green spaces can be found on the massive campus. The sports and cultural organizations provide the participation of students from all majors in sporting events, festivals, concerts, exhibitions, and fairs. As a result, kids are better able to relax and enjoy being themselves.
The University of Leicester is a great place to further your study if you value originality and creativity. Roughly 20,000 students attend the University of Leicester in the East Midlands; among them are 1,500 international students representing more than 80 different nations. Leicester, England is home to the university. The University of Leicester is currently in the midst of a £300 million campus reconstruction project, making it one of the most expensive educational institutions in the United Kingdom. As the 2008 runner-up for “University of the Year” in the Times newspaper’s annual poll, Leicester University has continued to receive high marks in recent years. Leicester is well-known for its research capabilities, and the recent discovery of Richard III’s remains by the city’s Archaeology department has propelled it to international notoriety.
The Department of Physics and Astronomy is home to Europe’s largest university-based space research facility, while the School of Museum Studies is one of the country’s leading research institutions and a leading producer of some of the world’s best Museum Studies scholarship. University housing at the University of Leicester is guaranteed for all applicants who accept offers and submit applications before September 1. The property features both catered and self-catered rooms, as well as studio apartments and common areas. Many sophomores and juniors live in dorms, although the vast majority of them dwell in or near the downtown area. The accommodation office is there to help students who want to live in places other than the residence halls find suitable places to rent.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Leicester
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £11,004
Scholarship Type: PhD
Nationality: International Students
- 2 tuition waivers for full-time education in the UK for a period of 3 years, or 6 years for part-time study (part time only available to UK applicants)
- 1 fee waiver for full-time employment overseas for a period of 3 years
- In their personal statements, international applicants are required to provide evidence that they have a plan for covering the gap between the tuition cost (which is now £11,004 per year) and their living expenses for the duration of their study.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Applicants are expected to hold qualifications equal to a Master’s Degree or higher from another country in addition to a Bachelor’s Degree from the United Kingdom with a minimum of a 2:1 grade.
- The English language requirements of the University of Leicester must be fulfilled.
For the academic year 2022-2023, the Queensland University of Technology in Australia is offering a Women in Science, Mathematics, and IT Merit Scholarship to an outstanding and talented female student from Australia or New Zealand, with the goals of increasing the number of female graduates in the field of technology and promoting the view of Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Information Technology as one of the career choices for women.
The University of Leicester Education PhD Tuition Fee Waivers 2023 is open to all International Students
- Please give the name of the person who will be supervising your planned project (from the list above) and the title of your project in the proposal area. Upload the Research Proposal Form once it has been completely filled out.
- Statement about yourself that, in a few sentences, explains why you are interested in the project and what experience you have related to it. In addition, international applicants are required to provide evidence in their personal statements regarding the means by which they propose to cover the gap between the tuition charges (which are currently set at £11,004 per year) and their living expenses for the duration of their studies.
- Documentation in the form of diplomas and transcripts attesting to the completion of all prior degree-level work, as well as, if at all feasible, a transcript covering all work done to this point in any studies presently being pursued
- If necessary, documentation demonstrating a command of the English language
- In the area devoted to references, you are asked to supply the names and email addresses of two academic referees who are familiar with your work and to either upload letters of reference or offer their contact information.
- Please indicate CSSAH Fee Waiver in the area pertaining to financing.
- Applications that are missing required information or research proposals that are not sent in via the appropriate form will not be evaluated.
- *Applicants from the United Kingdom have the option of applying for either full-time or part-time study. Only international applicants who are in need of a Student Visa to study in the UK are eligible to submit an application for full-time study.
The application deadline for the University of Leicester Education PhD Tuition Fee Waivers 2023 Is 14 September 2022.