Graduate Student Assistant Positions are a type of student employment that allow students to earn a compensation package that includes both a salary and tuition remission in exchange for providing research or teaching services to the university as part of a student’s effort to advance their academic and professional training and development. These positions are available to graduate students only. To be eligible, students need to be accepted into a program that requires them to attend full time.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
The oldest institution that makes up the University of Oregon system is Western Oregon University. The Monmouth Liberal Arts College can be found in the quaint city of Monmouth, which, up until the year 2002, was the only municipality in the state that did not permit the sale or consumption of alcoholic beverages.
WOU was established in 1856 and is located 60 miles south west of Portland and 15 miles from the state capital of Salem. The university is located approximately 50 miles to the west of the Pacific Ocean.
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, which offers undergraduate programs in areas such as art, music, psychological sciences, communication studies, anthropology, and philosophy and religious studies, is home to approximately two-thirds of the student body. At the postgraduate level, students can choose from a wide variety of subjects, including education, criminal justice, contemporary music, and interpreting studies. According to the number of students enrolled in each subject at the university, the most popular academic fields include business, criminal justice, education, exercise science, and psychology.
The Western Oregon Wolves, the school’s mascot for its athletic teams, compete in the NCAA’s second division of collegiate sports. It has some of the most successful men’s and women’s basketball and track & field teams in the country.
Ariana Richards, who rose to fame at the age of 13 for her role as Lex Murphy in Jurassic Park and has since appeared in Timescape, Prancer, and Tremors, is a graduate of Western Oregon University (WOU). Dan Straily, a pitcher for the Major League Baseball, and Jeff Charleston, a defensive end for the New Orleans Saints who won the Super Bowl with them during a glittering career in the National Football League, are also WOU alumni.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Western Oregon University (WOU)
Scholarship Country: United States
Scholarship Worth: $10,584
Scholarship Type: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- Each GA will get a total of $1,176 over the course of nine months. (unless they are employees with four terms)
- Graduate students who are appointed by the university receive a stipend in accordance with the established institutional salary rates. Furthermore, they are exempt from the payment of the instruction fee (also known as tuition) for the first twelve (12) graduate credit hours that they take in each term.
- According to the graduate student fee schedule, graduate assistants are subject to an assessment and are individually responsible for payment of the building fee, incidental fee, health fee, one-time matriculation fee, online fee, and any other fees that have been approved for the University. These fees can be found on the list of fees. Check out the WOU fee and tuition schedule here.
- When an assistant is permitted to register for more than twelve (12) graduate credit hours during a single term, the educational institution must charge the assistant the resident rate for additional instruction fee for the number of credit hours that are in excess of the twelve-credit hour maximum.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- The student needs to have a full admissions standing at Western Oregon University in order to enroll in a master’s degree program there.
- It is required that the responsibilities of the graduate assistant be relevant to the student’s intended professional path or graduate program. The beginning of the assistantship must take place no later than the beginning of the first week of the term.
- The student must have an approved program for a WOU master’s degree on file in the Graduate Programs office no later than the first week of the term in which the student holds the assistantship. This requirement must be met no later than the first week of the term in which the student holds the assistantship.
- Notes: In order to be in good academic standing, you need to have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0, no grades of D or F, and no more than 8 credits with a grade of C. You also can’t have more than 4 credits that are unfinished.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The Western Oregon University 2022-2023 Graduate Assistantship Program for International Students (USA) is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application, please visit Western Oregon University (WOU) online at graduate.wou.edu.
The application deadline for Western Oregon University 2022-2023 Graduate Assistantship Program for International Students (USA) is February 1, 2023