It is the goal of the Office for Students, which provides funding for these scholarships, to raise the percentage of students who come from traditionally underrepresented groups in the fields of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (AI). Each successful applicant will get a scholarship worth £10,000 to go towards the payment of tuition and necessary equipment.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The University of the West of England (UWE) is an undergraduate and graduate-level educational institution in the United Kingdom that is affiliated with the University Alliance. More than 600-degree options in several lucrative professions are available at this university. Also, UWE offers a wide selection of professional and short-term courses across many fields, such as the arts, health, science, business, and technology. UWE’s collaborations with the likes of the BBC, Rolls Royce, CERN, and NHS have proven to be highly successful. The university has an extensive research programme and has collaborated with other universities across the country and beyond the world. Numerous honours have been bestowed upon the University of the West of England (UWE) for the tremendous contribution it has made to the field of education. The Guardian University League Tables put the university as number 28 out of the top 121 schools in the country, with the philosophy department placing sixth.
Besides its main site in Bristol, the University of the West of England (UWE) also maintains the Frenchay site, the City Campus, the Gloucester Campus, the Glenside Campus, and Hartpury University. To help students strike a good work-life balance, universities offer a wide range of services and facilities. The Frenchay campus is home to a number of notable academic institutions, including the Engineering Building, Bristol’s Business School, Future Space, and the Health Tech Hub. The city campus’s design and film studios have garnered international acclaim and a slew of industry awards. On the university’s Glenside campus, you’ll find The Hub, a favourite hangout for students. Facilities like as the skills simulation room, the crime scene house, and several libraries are available to the pupils.
More than 29,000 students and over 3,000 academics and staff make this university one of the largest in the country. During the 2017–2018 school year, there was an estimated increase in full-time student enrollment to 23,305, while part-time enrollment was predicted at 7,427. During the same semester, 22,521 students were enrolled in their first year of college. There were a total of 526 master’s thesis projects completed during the 2017-2018 school year. In the same year, 4,405 international undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at the University of West England. In 2016, the university employed 3,692 workers throughout its various departments.
Numerous notable people can credit the University of the West of England with helping them get where they are now in their respective fields. The graduates are a reflection of the university’s excellent standards for teaching and learning. The University of the West of England has produced many notable people, including Angellica Bell, Russell Howard, Paul Coldwell, and Simon Shaw. Russell Howard and Paul Coldwell are both musicians, and Angellica Bell hosts a radio show. Bear Grylls, a famous TV personality, attended the institution and went on to become an expert in his area. Bear Grylls shot to fame after appearing in the 2006 season premiere of the Discovery Channel show Man Vs. Wild
According to the Guardian University League Tables 2021, the following are the top 30 academic majors: Education and teaching rank second; film, production, and photography rank fourth; social work ranks fifth; mathematics ranks eighth; philosophy ranks eighth; architecture ranks twelfth; psychology ranks thirteenth; mechanical engineering ranks fourteenth; electrical engineering ranks twenty-first; business, management, and marketing rank twenty-second; journalism, publishing, and public relations rank twenty-fifth; and computer science ranks twenty-sixth.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Adelaide
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £10,000
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- Scholarships awarded in the amount of £10,000 per successful candidate to be utilised for the payment of tuition and the purchase of necessary supplies.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- For a UK Master’s Loan, applicants need to demonstrate that they satisfy the eligibility requirements. It is important to note that you probably only qualify to submit an application if:
- Because you are either a citizen of the United Kingdom or Ireland, have settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, or have been granted indefinite permission to remain, there are no time limits placed on how long you can remain in the country.
- Before the first day of the first academic year of your degree, you have resided continuously in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man for a continuous period of three years (with the exception of brief absences such as vacations).
- Scholarships will be given with a focus on students of colour, women, and those with disabilities. Additional availability can include the following:
- Students from regions of the United Kingdom (POLAR quintiles 1 and 2) where the proportion of young people who pursue higher education is lower than the national average.
- Students with care and experience
- Estranged students
- Gipsy, Roma, Traveller students refugees
- Children of active duty service members and veterans, as well as the partners of military people.
The UWE Bristol 2023 OfS Scholarships for MSc Data Science is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Are you interested and eligible? To submit an application to UWE, please visit uwe.forms.office.com.
The application deadline for the UWE Bristol 2023 OfS Scholarships for MSc Data Science is July 28, 2023.