In honor of our 60th year in business, we are pleased to announce the creation of a new scholarship. Our scholarships are given to overseas students with the intention of assisting them in achieving their objectives while they are enrolled at the University of York. We give out a number of international scholarships each year, and the recipients receive a reduction in their tuition in recognition of their achievements.
All postgraduate taught students will be taken into consideration automatically, and we will notify successful recipients in two phases on the 21st of April 2023 and the 7th of July 2023, depending on the date the application was submitted.
About the Scholarship Provider:
It wasn’t until 1963 that York University opened its doors to students after getting authorization to do so from the University Grants Commission the previous year, in 1960. Lord James presided over the university’s first day of classes on October 9, 1963, when 230 freshmen enrolled. When it first opened, there were only 28 faculty members and 6 total departments (economics, English, education, history, politics, and mathematics). Currently, there are nine colleges and about thirty research institutes and departments housed at the university. The Privy Council has reaffirmed the university’s accreditation status.
Since its inception, the University of York’s Heslington campus has seen continuous development and improvement. Artistic structures and educational edifices dot the campus landscape. The Department of Archaeology, the Centre for Medieval Studies and the Centre for Eighteenth-Century Studies are all located at the historic King’s Manor. Central Hall is a tiered auditorium in the heart of campus that often hosts concerts, contests, conferences, graduations, and fashion displays, among other events. A network of libraries and archives spread around the campus and the surrounding area are maintained by the university. When it comes to finding information on campus, the JB Morrell Library is your best bet. Heslington Hall is another building on campus.
The University of York offers a wide variety of undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate degree programs in a wide variety of academic disciplines, including archaeology, science, computer science, law, management, medicine, mathematics, languages, arts, philosophy, psychology, and sociology. There are now 18,930 students enrolled at the university. This university collaborates with a wide network of internationally renowned research institutions. It’s one of 24 prestigious universities working together to push the boundaries of knowledge. The university’s international standing stems in large part from its successful student exchange and research collaboration programs. It gives students with excellent professional training and excellent prospects for jobs with prestigious firms.
Several famous and/or wealthy people in the world are graduates of this university. Greg Dyke is a well-known British journalist, media executive, TV broadcaster, and football official. Anbal Cavaco Silva Mahmoud Mohieldin, former President of Portugal and now Vice President of the World Bank Group. Award after award has been bestowed upon “Wild Swans,” written by renowned British author Jung Chang. Anthony Horowitz is an English author and screenwriter who is best known for his contributions to the “Diamond Brothers,” “The Power of Five,” and “Alex Rider” film series. Journalist and novelist Peter Hitchens writes for The Mail on the late Han Seung-soo, former Prime Minister of South Korea. Other works of his include “The Abolition of Britain” and “The War We Never Fought.” His “The Rage Against God” is also quite popular.
York is a progressive, research-intensive institution that seeks to address some of the world’s most serious concerns by producing life-saving discoveries, innovative technologies, and cultural advances. In order to address some of the world’s most pressing scientific, social, and environmental problems, the University has developed a research strategy built on seven pillars. In a recent assessment, 35% of British university research was found to be “world-leading,” while 48% was found to be “international exceptional.”
The high standard of teaching at the University may be traced back to the intellectual rigor and global focus of its research. Students at York benefit from a unique educational environment because to the university’s college system, expert personal career development support, state-of-the-art athletic facilities, and robust free public engagement program (which includes the York Festival of Ideas).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of York
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £10,000
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- There are a few scholarships available here that can reduce your tuition by either £5,000, $7,500, or $10,000 respectively.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Only students from other countries, including those from the EU, are eligible to apply.
- You must meet all of the following requirements in order to be considered for a Postgraduate 60th Anniversary scholarship:
- have received an offer to study at the University of York, either conditional or unconditional, by the deadline of 2 April 2023 (round one) or 18 June 2023 (round two) (you do not need to have accepted the offer).
- intend to undertake a full-time postgraduate taught masters programme; be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be completed by 2 April 2023 (round one) or 18 June 2023 (round two); and be eligible for overseas fee rate.
- You will not be eligible if one of the following applies to you:
- you are completely financed or possess a scholarship that covers the full cost of your education.
- The following educational tracks do not qualify students for these financial opportunities:
- MSc Nursing in Mental Health and MSc Nursing are both offered at the Hull York Medical School (Adult)
- Master of Arts in Public Policy with a Concentration on Governance and Development
- MSc in Sustainable Business: Leadership, Innovation, and Management on the International Pathway. Distance and online learning opportunities offered by colleges.
- Part-time courses
- International College of Kaplan located in London
- GEMMA and Mundus MAPP
- Every postgraduate taught student will have their application automatically reviewed, and we will notify successful recipients in two phases on the 21st of April 2023 and the 7th of July 2023, depending on when their applications were received. It is not necessary to submit a formal application in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- The recipients of the winning scholarships will be chosen by a committee comprised of senior faculty and staff members from the University.
- Once you have been offered a scholarship, you are required to:
- You have until the 21st of July 2023 to formally accept the scholarship offer by utilizing the link that is supplied within the email that contains your offer.
- Please accept York’s offer to enroll you in their school.
- These steps need to be finished by the deadline that was specified in the email that was sent to you about the offer. In that case, you will be disqualified from receiving the scholarship, and it will be given to one of the reserve candidates instead.
- You will lose your scholarship if you decide to postpone attending the University of York after you have already been accepted there.
- Postgraduate students have the opportunity to combine University of York departmental scholarships with the 60th Anniversary Scholarships.
- It is permissible to combine Postgraduate 60th Anniversary Scholarships with other forms of support as long as the total amount of all of your awards does not surpass the cost of your tuition.
The University of York 2023-2024 Postgraduate 60th Anniversary scholarship, UK is open to all International Students
If you are a first-year student at the University of London and you are paying the home fee, you should apply for the Full-time Undergraduate Bursary for the 2022-2023 school year. The purpose of the scholarship is to help incoming freshmen who have shown strong ambition for higher education and a desire to make a positive impact in their communities on their way to achieving their own personal and professional objectives.
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? Applying to the University of York can be done online at www.york.ac.uk.
- Applicants will be automatically considered, and if they are successful, they will be contacted, based on the date their application was submitted.
- The successful recipients from the first round will be notified on April 21, 2023.
- Winners of the second round of awards will be notified on July 7th, 2023.
The application deadline for University of York 2023-2024 Postgraduate 60th Anniversary scholarship, UK is June 18, 2023.