The University of Waterloo Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship available to international students at the University of Waterloo. This fellowship is available for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral level study. The scholarship at Waterloo University is worth up to $10,000 in total. Foreign Experience Awards from the David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation will be presented to highly successful candidates at the University of Waterloo to encourage Canadian and international students to pursue higher education opportunities in the United States. This is a full-time program that is open to students from all over the world who wish to study in any undergraduate or graduate degree program offered by the Waterloo Faculty. Faculty will nominate eligible candidates based on the amount of funding available to the Faculty. Candidates for admission to the graduate program will be chosen based on their demonstrated academic achievement as evidenced by their application for admission.
About the Scholarship:
The University of Waterloo is a public research institution that was founded in 1957 and has been conducting research ever since. Waterloo was one of the first institutions in the world to provide undergraduate students with access to cutting-edge computers when it opened its doors in the early 1960s. The University of Waterloo offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees as well as 190 graduate degree programs. In addition, the University has six faculties and twelve faculty-based schools that are responsible for administering the academic programs. The University, which is located in the center of Canada’s technology sector, provides an excellent platform for graduates to further their work-based learning experiences. Furthermore, this university was one of the first to adopt the concept of the ‘co-op’ or co-operative program outside of the engineering field. Cooperative education programs blend classroom instruction with hands-on training techniques. The University of Waterloo’s main campus is located in Ontario and encompasses approximately 1000 acres of land. There are three satellite campuses in Canada and four affiliated university colleges, namely Conrad Grebal University College, Renison University College, St. Jerome’s University, and St. Paul’s University College, which are all owned by the university. According to a national study of 2400 students conducted by Maclean magazine, the University of Waterloo ranked first in Canada for career preparation. It currently has 31,380 undergraduate and 5,290 graduate students, with 20 percent of undergraduate and 40 percent of graduate students being international students. Every year, the University welcomes students from more than 120 different nations. To achieve excellence and equity in education, the University actively supports student diversity as well as gender equality among its student body. Waterloo University, which has 48 percent of undergraduate female students and 44 percent of graduate female students, is committed to equal opportunity for all students, regardless of gender or sexual orientation. Approximately 2,00,000 persons have graduated from the University of Waterloo since the institution’s founding in 1957, and alumni may be found in 152 countries throughout the globe. Graduates of the University of Waterloo have risen to prominence in a variety of professions and have also received numerous prizes, including the Nobel Prize. Robert Mundell was awarded the Nobel Prize in Economics in 1999 for his contributions to the study of monetary dynamics and the determination of optimal currency zones. Donna Strickland, a professor at the University of Waterloo, was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2018 for her contributions in laser physics.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Waterloo
Scholarship Country: Canada
Scholarship Worth: $10,000
Study Level: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
Nationality: International Students
People in the United Kingdom government are running the GREAT Britain campaign and the British Council, which is run by the British government. We are happy to work with both of them. This law scholarship is for students who come from Nigeria and pay their tuition. They must be enrolled in a program in another country and pay their fees. You must have an offer for a full-time master’s in law.
- Scholarships from the University of Waterloo offer the following advantages to their recipients:
- Up to $2,500 will be given out as part of the David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards for a one-term study experience, $2,500 to $5,000 for a one-term job or volunteer experience, and up to $10,000 for a two-term work or volunteer experience under this program.
- The maximum number of terms you can get the International Master’s Award of Excellence is six, at a cost of $2,500 per term.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
The following requirements must be met by applicants in order to be considered for University of Waterloo Scholarships:
- English is one of the languages that must be learned.
- All countries in the world are eligible to participate.
- To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must have a strong academic record (often a minimum 70 percent average at the undergraduate level and a minimum 75 percent average at the graduate level).
- Participants in an international experience in Israel must be full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any faculty who wish to participate in a minimally-paid or volunteer international co-op work placement, a volunteer placement, a study term related to academic requirements, or a combination of these experiences.
- International students with a valid Canadian study permit who are enrolled full-time and charged international tuition costs are considered international students.
- Typically awarded to students enrolled in research-based programs (thesis or major research paper).
- Students who are entering their first term of their program will ordinarily be eligible for this award (term 1.0).
- Students must exhibit academic achievement in accordance with the requirements specified by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.
- Students must maintain the required levels of academic advancement in their degree and must not have any outstanding probationary admissions requirements.
- This scholarship may be used in conjunction with other internal or external scholarships (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc). Please keep in mind that scholarships are not the same as sponsorship – see the following bullet.
- Students should not be receiving foreign government or agency sponsorship at the same time (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc.), nor should they be fully or partially self-funded in excess of the Faculty’s minimum levels of assistance in the normal course of events.
- IMAE nominations are not permitted for students who have been grandfathered under the present IMSA scheme; however, students who have been previously given an IMSA for a previously completed master’s degree may be eligible to be nominated for an IMAE.
- Students will be automatically considered for this grant if they submit an application for admission to the university. Depending on the qualifying criteria and allocation, departments and/or faculties will develop their own internal selection method for awarding grants.
- As deemed necessary, faculties may impose more stringent eligibility requirements.
The University of Waterloo Scholarships 2023 is open to all International Students
- Please follow the steps outlined below in order to be eligible for the David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation International Experience Award:
- Candidates must apply for admission to the university’s undergraduate and graduate degree programs before being considered. As soon as they have been admitted, candidates can view the application on their forms sites.
- Applicants must provide a personal statement that refers to the application form in addition to the application form. In order to be considered for admission, all applicants must submit evidence of their English language proficiency that fulfills the minimum standards.
- In order to be considered for the International Master’s Award of Excellence scholarship, please follow the procedures below:
- Students will be immediately considered for this award based on their application for admission; as a result, there is no need to submit an additional scholarship application.
- Students will be chosen and nominated for the scholarship by departments and/or faculties.
- For information on individual application deadlines for each Masters degree program, please visit the official website (link provided below).
- You may follow the application process on our YouTube channel, which has step by step instructions.
The application deadline for University of Waterloo Scholarships 2023 are July 15 and November 15