The $10,000 R. Harper Brown Scholarship is for those that want to cut down on the cost for American students wanting to study in Scotland. We are proud to sponsor this scholarship program which honors the legacy of R. Harper Brown, Society Governor, Kinsman of the year and co-Chair of the Kith and Kin campaign, which raised $7 million to build the Georgeson wing of the Scottish Home. The purpose of this scholarship fund is to assist in defraying the cost of an American student’s study at a university in Scotland.
- Applicants should be at least a graduating senior in high school with an acceptance and intention to attend university in Scotland, OR a student at an accredited American college or university looking for a study-abroad experience in Scotland.
- Scholastic achievement.
- Potential for future activities that would make a contribution to the Chicago Scots, Caledonia Senior Living & Memory Care and the Scottish-American community.
- Preference will be given to applicants who reside within 100 miles of the greater Chicago area.
- Preference will be given to members of the Chicago Scots, their children and grandchildren.
- Reasons as to why when you choose Scotland as the nation to study
- Fill out the application form on their website
- Present if you’ve already been accepted to a University in Scotland while filling out the application.
Applications will be accepted January 1st through June 1st, 2021. Please note: only applications containing all required documents will be considered. Finalists may be interviewed by the Scholarship Committee prior to the scholarship being granted.