This scholarship is open to students at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and it is intended for those students who demonstrate remarkable promise in either their academic or professional pursuits. The secret to achieving one’s goals is in either having outstanding academic achievement or excelling in extracurricular activities, such as sports, the arts, community service, or leadership.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
Deakin University, established in 1974 and named after Australia’s second Prime Minister Alfred Deakin, began its operations in same year. Australia’s leading university pioneered modern approaches to distance education. The institution was honored with the Bronze Oceania Award and the QS Wharton Reimagine Education Global Award (2018). Thanks to its innovative teaching methods, ground-breaking research, and outstanding employees, the company has won widespread respect in the local community. This is why students from all over the world flock to this educational utopia. The Deakin Institution, an Australian institution with its main campus in Geelong Waurn Ponds and four more locations around Victoria state, has its headquarters in Australia. The university first broke ground in 1994 on the Geelong Waterfront Campus, which now houses over 5,000 students.
The university has two further campuses; the Melbourne Burwood Campus and the Warrnambool Campus. Each college or university campus offers its own special brand of higher education. Deakin University is largely considered to be among the most renowned educational institutions in Australia, and it is ranked number sixteen on the QS Australia University Rankings 2020 list. The academic community has earned acclaim for its pioneering spirit and innovative spirit, both at home and abroad. It offers a wide variety of academic tracks leading to a wide variety of degrees, and its campuses are well-known for its state-of-the-art facilities. Furthermore, the university provides its recent graduates with access to a dedicated employment portal where they may make use of the many available tools. The university’s tailored programs and spaces, created with students’ interests in mind, provide opportunities for those interested in learning, making new friends, or simply unwinding.
This progressive school not only builds a better future, but also makes today better. The faculty offers 106 classes for undergraduates, 171 classes for post-graduates, and 43 research degrees, for a total of hundreds of classes available to students. The arts and humanities, social sciences, business, law, medicine, psychology, computer technology, and the environmental sciences are only some of the areas of study available at the institution. The university’s faculty members provide courses in a wide variety of disciplines, allowing students to tailor their education to their individual passions and goals. Health, business, psychology, social and economic development, and nursing are just few of the topics covered. All of the university’s more than 150 student clubs and societies are open to students from any major, and students are strongly encouraged to take use of these opportunities in addition to the many academic resources the university provides. The university has gone above and above by creating an award-winning digital assistant to help students stay on top of their work and make the most of their time on campus.
No matter which Deakin campus a student chooses, the local communities will always impress with their beauty, safety, and vitality, creating an ideal setting for academic pursuits. It is common knowledge that the institutions of higher learning enjoy convenient proximity to a wide range of shops, restaurants, and other businesses able to meet the needs of their student body. Restaurants, convenience stores, pharmacies, coffee shops, and fitness centers all fall under this category. Briony Cole, Julie Attwood (a member of the Queensland Legislative Assembly), Carolyn Hardy (the CEO of UNICEF), and Emma Alberici (an ABC journalist) are just a few of the notable alumni of this university (Gold Medalist, Commonwealth Games 2006). Deakin University consistently ranks among the best in the country in both educational quality and research output. Deakin University’s four colleges provide programs in the arts, sciences, sports, nutrition, architecture, business, law, medicine, optometry, engineering, nursing, psychology, and education, among many other areas. Deakin University has a strong research culture and is well-known for the interdisciplinary partnerships that emerge from its several research centers and institutes.
In addition, it is consistently placed among the top one percent of colleges worldwide. New and better products and services that benefit both society and the economy can be traced back to the concepts that were generated. Deakin University has been ranked number one in Victoria for ten years running, based on students’ perceptions of their educational experience. The people who work and study at Deakin University are committed to their students’ success and to ensuring that they have several options for how, when, and where they complete their degrees. Deakin University, in conjunction with its local and global partners, provides students with a wide range of educational and professional development options. Deakin’s capacity to accommodate students at varying phases in their lives and occupations allows for a variety of non-traditional entry points into higher education. The most recent student poll at Deakin University shows that, despite the difficulties of the first trimester caused by COVID-19, student satisfaction is still rather high. Deakin University’s dedication to improving the quality of the student experience and the exceptional caliber of our online education has resulted in a consistent level of student satisfaction from 2018 to 2019.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Deakin University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $10,000
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
The scholarship will cover the standard amount of time needed to complete the program at the full-time level. Undergraduate and graduate students are held to different standards regarding their total study load.
You have the option of receiving $5000 per year, which is equivalent to $625 per credit point, paid in cash or put toward student contributions (tuition costs).
You have the option of having your yearly donation of $10,000 (equivalent to $1250 per credit point) paid in cash or put toward student contributions (tuition fees).
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Before putting in an application, prospective applicants need to double check that they satisfy all of the requirements.
To be eligible you must be:
- a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, a permanent resident of Australia, or a holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa might be considered an Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder.
- beginning or already enrolled in a bachelor’s or honors degree program at a Commonwealth supported place (CSP), or a postgraduate degree program that is completed through coursework (CSP or full fee)
- registered for the first trimester of study at Deakin University in 2023
- students pursuing a bachelor’s degree or an honors degree who are enrolled full time (unless there are extraordinary circumstances that impede full time study) or students pursuing a postgraduate degree who are enrolled in at least two credit points every trimester are eligible for this scholarship.
- capable of providing evidence of success in one of the following areas:
- a minimum score of 85 on the ATAR scale
- a minimum of an 80 in both the Weighted Average Mark (WAM) and Grade Point Average (GPA) from the most recent tertiary education attended
- a background in providing leadership
- performing at the highest level in sports
- volunteering in the community
- volunteer activities
- the Creative Fields
- any more accomplishments there may be.
- Students who are currently enduring personal or financial hardships will be given special consideration.
- Required Forms and Documents for the Application
- Various corroborating documents
- You will also be requested to upload supporting material as part of the application process that you are participating in.
- When you upload your documents, it is important to select the appropriate Document type because this will affect the way they are processed. In the event that the papers you have supplied are of the wrong type, they will not be taken into consideration when reviewing your application. Keep in mind that the thing you need to focus on providing is quality, not quantity. Aim to deliver papers that are up to date, pertinent, and as brief as possible.
The following items are considered necessary pieces of supporting documentation:
- the history of your WAM or GPA from the past (if completed at another institution)
- any evidence of your participation in activities involving leadership or community service accomplishments
- evidence of any victories, whether in sports or other endeavors.
Awarding international students with tuition waivers for the 2022-2023 school year in select degree programs, the University of Innsbruck in Austria is committed to removing financial barriers to education. This award is for international students who have demonstrated academic excellence. Scholars of all levels are urged to apply for the upcoming 2022-2023 academic year at the university.
The Deakin University 2022 Deakin Scholarship for Excellence is open to all International Students
- Through our Scholarship Application Portal, you will be able to submit your application directly to Deakin University for consideration of this scholarship.
- If you apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin and select either the “Undergraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2023” or the “Postgraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2023” option, your application will be automatically considered for this scholarship if you are eligible for it. If you are not eligible for this scholarship, your application will not be considered.
- Because of this, the number of scholarships for which you will need to submit an application will be lower, and the likelihood of your being awarded a Deakin scholarship will rise.
The application deadline for Deakin University 2022 Deakin Scholarship for Excellence is December 5, 2022