The University of Copenhagen Offers Doctoral Scholarship in Machine Learning and Information Retrieval, for Talented and Motivated International Students.
The University of Copenhagen is the largest educational institution in Denmark, with a global outlook and reach. She helps students with admissions, housing, and counseling, as well as organizing orientation programs with a variety of social events.
- The scholarship offers a starting salary of 6,243 Danish crowns. The salary is DKK 221.34 per working hour (+ 12.5% vacation pay) (level from April 1, 2021). The position is covered by the Protocol on labor structure. The salary range starts at DKK 27,788.69 per month incl. Ph.D. supplement (level April 1, 2021).
- The scholarship does not cover travel expenses, medical insurance, or study materials.
- Eligible Course (s): Doctorate in Machine Learning and Information Retrieval
- Applicants must have completed a degree program, equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree (180 ECTS / 3 FTE BSc + 120 ECTS / 2 FTE MSc) related to the subject area of the project.
- Applicants must be admitted to the doctorate at the university. After that, you can complete the online application form.
- Applicants must submit all of the following supporting documents: Reasoned application letter (max. one page) to apply for the specific Ph.D. project; Curriculum vitae that includes information about your education, experience, language skills, and other skills relevant to the position; Original Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degrees and original language transcription of records, including an authorized English translation if issued in a language other than English or Danish. If not completed, a certified/signed copy of a recent transcript of records or a written statement from the institution or supervisor is accepted; List of publications (if possible); Reference letters (if available)
- Applicants will be selected on the basis of previous postings (if any) and relevant work experience.
- Applicants must provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or another acceptable test.
Application deadline: 08/15/2021
This student grant renews annually.