At the University of California, Berkeley, a new scholarship called the African Legal Impact Scholarship has been established with the intention of increasing the number of students from Africa who are considering pursuing additional legal education at Berkeley. Due to the extremely limited amount of funding that is available for the African Legal Impact Scholarship program each year, it is only possible to give the scholarship to a maximum of two worthy applicants.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
The University of California—Berkeley is a public research university that has been around since 1868. It is widely considered to be one of the best state universities in the United States. The campus of the university, which is in the San Francisco Bay Area, is spread out over 1,232 acres. The schedule for classes at the university is based on semesters. At all nine research universities, there are programs for first-year students. It is home to the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute and the Space Sciences Laboratory, which are two of the best scientific research centers in the world. Researchers at the university found 16 elements from the table of elements.
Berkeley was also one of the 14 universities that started the Association of American Universities. Students can choose from more than 350 degree programs and 160 programs for first-year college students. The university also has programs for Doctoral Undergraduates. Economics, cellular biology, and computer science are all popular majors at the university. In the Los Angeles bay area, the Berkeley campus covers 1,232 acres, and more than 95% of freshmen choose to live on campus. Also, students have a lot to learn from the over 1000 student organizations, which include everything from political parties to sports teams. More than 65% of its undergraduate students get help paying for school.
Berkeley has 14 schools and colleges, such as the Graduate School of Journalism and several professional and graduate schools. The Graduate School of Education, the School of Law, the College of Engineering, and the Haas School of Business are also well-known graduate schools. The “2018 Forbes Top Value Colleges” list put Berkley in fifth place. This list ranks schools based on how much money their graduates make, how many of them graduate, how much they cost, how much debt they have, how good the school is, and how easy it is for low-income students to get in. Each year, more than 3000 students get a Berkeley Undergraduate Scholarship, which is paid for by about 900 different charities and the university.
There are four Pulitzer Prize winners and eight Nobel Prize winners on the faculty right now. It has 43,204 students, of which 31,348 are undergraduates and 11,856 are graduate students. There were 107 Nobel Prize winners among Berkeley’s alumni, faculty, and researchers. There were also 25 Turing Award winners and 14 Fields Medalists. They have also won 20 Academy Awards, 20 Pulitzer Prizes, 207 Olympic medals, and 45 MacArthur Fellowships. At the 2012 London Olympics, its graduates won a total of 17 medals, including 11 gold, 1 silver, and 5 bronze. This also shows how good Berkley is at sports. Jack London, a novelist and journalist, Gregory Peck, an Oscar-winning actor, Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, a former Prime Minister and President of Pakistan, Joan Didion, a writer, and Alex Morgan, who won the Women’s World Cup in football, all went to the University of California, Berkley.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of California
Scholarship Country: United States of America
Scholarship Worth: $1,000
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
This is a waiver of the whole amount of tuition. The sole cost that the recipients will be liable for is the one thousand dollar seat deposit, in addition to travel and living expenses.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- The following criteria are used to choose recipients for the African Legal Impact LL.M Scholarship:
- Having citizenship in Africa or a major residence there
- Academic merit
- A Statement of Intention outlining the goals that the scholarship winner intends to achieve in Africa following their graduation from the professional track of the LL.M. program.
- Before they may submit an application for this scholarship, students need to first be accepted into the LL.M. professional track program. Instructions on how to apply for scholarships will be sent to admitted students who are eligible for the awards.
- In order to continue to be eligible for the scholarship after the first semester has ended, recipients must ensure that they have earned a grade of “P” (pass) or above in each and every class that they have taken during the first semester.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The University of California Berkeley 2023 African Legal Impact Scholarship for African Students is open to all International Students
- An application to the LL.M. executive track program that is complete and received by the following dates:
- The first of November for choice A (spring start)
- The 18th of December for choice B (summer start)
- It is important to send LSAC your transcripts and letters of recommendation in enough of time for them to be processed before the application deadline.
The application deadline for University of California Berkeley 2023 African Legal Impact Scholarship for African Students is December 15, 2022.