The NSHSS Foundation STEM Scholarship awards this $1,000 scholarship to high school seniors or recently graduated seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and demonstrated a desire to major in or pursue a degree one of the following (or closely related) STEM disciplines.
NSHSS is a distinguished academic honor society, committed to recognizing and serving the highest-achieving student scholars in more than 26,000 high schools across 170 countries. With access to resources and a network of more than 1.7 million exceptional peers spanning high school to college and career, NSHSS scholars embody academic dedication and outstanding leadership in their schools, workplaces, and communities.
Institutions where will carry out the studies:
Any accredited university or college, if you are unsure please use the contact information given.
Who can participate?:
Any high school senior or recently graduated seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and demonstrated a desire to major in or pursue a degree that is shown below.
Levels and areas of study:
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Biosciences/Pre-med/health-related fields
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Cognitive, Neural, and Behavioral Sciences
- Computer and Computational Sciences, including Statistics and Accounting
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Sciences
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Operations Research
- Teaching in STEM areas
Instructions to apply:
- Personal Statement of 500 words or less that answers this prompt:
- Why STEM? How have you shown a dedicated passion for the STEM field throughout your high school career?
- List of STEM Activities
- 1-2 Educator Recommendations