These CIEE grants and scholarships are available to students who wish to travel but have finical difficulty. Their motto is that traveling should not be out of research for students but viable and available.
Federal Pell Grant-eligible students can receive a GAIN Travel Grant up to $1,000 when they complete their CIEE Scholarships and Grants application by our published deadlines. Gilman Scholarship applicants can receive a CIEE Go Global Grant and a GAIN Travel Grant total up to $3,500!
- The Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) number from your most recent Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR).
- If you want to be considered for the CIEE Gilman Go Global Grant: upon request, provide proof of having applied for the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship.
- If applying for need-based grants only, you do not need to complete the essay section of the Scholarships Application.
How to Apply
- Search for and apply to your perfect study or internship abroad program
- Discover available funding options
- Complete the scholarship & grants portion of your application. It’s easy to complete and you can even submit it before you pay the program application fee!
- Summer Programs: $500 toward airfare
- Semester/Quarter Programs: $1,000 toward airfare
All student should submit their CIEE Scholarships and Grants application by October 15 (spring programs), or by April 1 (summer and fall programs). CIEE GAIN Travel Grants are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Students will be notified within 2 weeks about receiving the scholarship grant for October 15th or April 1st.
Also, note that this is credit with our partner travel agency and has no cash value. If you are selected for a GAIN Travel Grant, CIEE will not reimburse you for out-of-pocket travel costs.