The Hayley Fehring Rural Scholarship was able to be established thanks to the generous contribution made by the Fehring family as well as Flinders Living. A student from a rural area who is entering their first year of college will receive financial aid through the award.
About the Scholarship:
Flinders University is just what a modern university should be: forward-thinking, student-centered, and career-focused. At Flinders University, if you want to make big steps toward your future, you have to go beyond the ordinary and do things that are out of the ordinary. The university gives you all the tools you need to do this. Flinders University, which is in the top 2 percent of universities around the world*, is a great example of what a modern university should be like. It is, for example, innovative, student-centered, and career-focused. As a Flinders student, you will have the chance to study in state-of-the-art facilities with people who share your interests and will push you to learn new things. The ability to think creatively, proactively, and entrepreneurially, as well as to come up with ideas that can change the game Your success is important to Flinders University, and we use it to measure our own. Because of this, we’re happy to have been voted the best place in Australia to find a job after college.
Our degrees are linked to the industry and are certified. They come with job placement opportunities, projects in the industry, and mentoring programs, all of which are meant to help you move beyond just studying and start making money. Flinders University is ranked 43rd in the Asia Pacific and 271st in the world, according to the World University Rankings (THE World University Rankings 2020). As we move forward, our goal is to expand our global reach through international research and education partnerships and to keep working with businesses, industries, and communities all over the world.
Degrees from Flinders University are recognized around the world and are recognized by the industry. They will prepare you for a successful career in your field of study or research. There are strong industry ties between Flinders University and companies like CISCO and BAE Systems, which means you can get real-world experience through internships and stay job-ready and ahead of the curve. The main campus of Flinders University is in the heart of Adelaide at Bedford Park. It has modern buildings, state-of-the-art facilities, beautiful coast views, easy access to major shopping centers, the central business district, and local beaches. The $63 million Student Hub and Plaza is part of the project. It will have study rooms, shops, cafes, a bar, and other amenities. The Flinders Village is expected to be a lively urban hub with its high-tech research facilities, entertainment, and shopping options. We put a lot of emphasis on student support at Flinders because we know it’s linked to student success.
There are many international services and activities at Flinders University and in the city of Adelaide to help you get used to your new school and life in Adelaide. Our international student support services are the best in the world, and they will be there for you from the time you arrive until you graduate. More than 90% of international students at Flinders University are happy with our student support services. This shows how committed we are to giving great service. Starting in 2020, as part of the Flinders Village development, a new train line and Flinders Railway Station will be built next to our on-campus teaching hospital, Flinders Medical Centre. This will connect students, industry, and the local community to the city in just 22 minutes, saving time and money. The main campus of Flinders University is the Bedford Park campus, which is 12 kilometers south of Adelaide’s city center. This is a huge, high site with a lot to offer. From here, you can see the whole city and the beach.
The campus has state-of-the-art buildings that are set on beautifully landscaped grounds with Australian native plants and a lake. The Bedford Park campus of Flinders University is a great place to learn because it has a lot of great amenities and is surrounded by beautiful nature. Various studies have ranked Adelaide as one of the world’s most affordable cities and one of the top five best places to live. This is because it has lots of parks and green spaces, a lively multicultural city life, high-quality cafés, and restaurants, and is close to award-winning wine regions (Global Liveability Study 2016). Flinders University gives all of its students a lot of academic and personal help to have the best college experience possible.
We are committed to making students’ lives better on campus by offering a wide range of great food and other retail services, as well as health and wellbeing resources and programs, student grants, career and financial counseling, and a lot of social events that bring students together and help them make the most of their time at Flinders University. The new Flinders Train Station, which will open in 2020, will connect the main campus of the University to the Tonsley innovation zone and the center of Adelaide. The nearby Flinders Village development is starting to be built this year. It will have new research facilities, student housing, cafes, stores, and other community amenities in a lively urban core.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $1,000
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The scholarship has a yearly value of $1,000 and will be applied to the recipient’s Flinders Living Accommodation Fee account.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Candidates for the scholarship are required to:
- have a permanent residence in a rural area of Australia; and
- typically live in locations that are not considered to be part of the Adelaide metropolitan area or the metropolitan areas of other major Australian cities (based on the definitions provided by the Australian Bureau of Statistics for the areas covered by the various Local Councils); and
- have resided in a rural or regional area of Australia for a minimum of four years before enrolling in a higher education program; and
- have finished the last two years of their education in a high school or college located in a rural or regional area; and
- having not spent a significant amount of time away from their families in the past; and
- be in the first year of their studies at an institution of higher education; and
- be presently enrolled at Flinders University on a full-time basis in an undergraduate program of study; and
- be a current resident of University Hall throughout the entirety of the academic year in which the prize is presented; and
- be able to provide evidence of their current financial situation.
- The recipient of the scholarship will be selected based on their academic achievements as well as their documented financial need. The choice will be made using methods that have been authorized by the Director of Academic and Student Services.
The University of Canada West scholarship is for first-year students applying for an undergraduate or master’s degree in one of the university’s eligible programs. Even though this scholarship is for new students, international students who are already at the university will still be able to apply for awards for continuing students.
The Flinders University 2022 Hayley Fehring Rural Scholarships is open to all International Students
- To be considered, applications must be received by the closing date and must be submitted electronically through the Flinders University Student System. To apply, applicants will first need to log in and then select the My Scholarships tab from the menu. You can find the application for this scholarship by searching for it using the keyword “living,” which is also the name of the application form: “Flinders Living Scholarships.” If you fill out this application in its entirety, you will be considered for several different scholarships.
The application deadline for Flinders University 2022 Hayley Fehring Rural Scholarships Is August 5, 2022