The DAAD offers its full scholarship program for masters or postgraduate diplomas for artists and architects in Germany.
About DAAD Scholarships for Artists and Architects in Germany
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is the body dedicated to promoting academic exchange in Germany.
Its objective is to inform and facilitate study and research opportunities in this country.
Therefore, the organization offers different scholarships for foreign professionals or people who have not lived in Germany for more than 15 months in disciplines related to art or architecture.
Courses to Study:
- Agriculture and Related Sciences
- Arts and Culture
- Architecture and Environmental Design
- Behavioral Sciences
- Business and Management
- Business Law
- Cognitive Science
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Conflict Management
- Earth Science
Modalities of postgraduate scholarships
DAAD scholarships to study in Germany are for postgraduate programs taught in the Higher Schools of Art, Music, and Film.
Likewise, this is offered in two modalities:
- A stay (maximum one year) creation during which they can develop an artistic project under the supervision of a teacher / German tutor at a German university.
- Completion of a master’s program in arts or music (maximum 2 years).
Disciplines eligible for scholarship programs
These programs are called Study Scholarships – Postgraduate Studies and are awarded for the following disciplines:
It is important to mention that the links are direct to DAAD Colombia but the information and guides are applicable to the different countries of Latin America.
These scholarships are aimed at professionals of any nationality in the aforementioned fields who have a compelling art project in English or German.
In addition, candidates must demonstrate that Germany is a destination according to their academic needs and that they have exhausted the training options in their home country.
Candidates may not exceed more than 6 years after having obtained the last academic degree when applying for the scholarship. However, there is no age limit to apply.
Additionally, in almost all programs a basic knowledge of German is required (level B1 or B2).
Benefits and duration of this scholarship program
The benefits of this scholarship program are:
- Monthly stipend between € 750 and € 900 per month
- The amount for travel expenses (varies according to the origin of the fellow)
- Medical, accident, and civil liability insurance
- Previous German course in Germany or virtual of up to six months
However, in the case of applying to careers with tuition costs, the DAAD will not finance this amount.
These scholarships from the government of Germany have a duration of 10 to 24 months depending on the chosen modality.
Application date and selection process
It is important to note that these scholarships are annual. Likewise, the closing dates are different depending on the discipline:
- September: Architecture and music
- October: Performing Arts
- November: Fine arts, cinematography, audiovisual communication, and design
The applications for these grants are made through the DAAD portal where the applicant must complete a form and attach the required information.