The aim of this particular scholarship is to support and encourage journalism students that will help them with the costs of their education, which can often be a hindrance to their careers. Not only that but this scholarship is intended to serve as a way to help prepare students for a career path as a journalist by getting them to think about the industry and its ever-increasing emphasis on data.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Must be a Canadian student.
- Must show an insight with a good understanding of the journalism industry.
- Currently accepted to or enrolled in a college or university in Canada.
- Must be pursuing a course of studies leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree.
How to Apply
An applicant can utilize these 3 ideas prior to submitting an application:
- A published article.
- A journalist class assignment.
- A recognized personal or public blog.
An applicant should follow the application layout with the most accurate information they can. This means transcripts, published pieces, address, full name, current enrollment, degree, and etc.
The reward comes with a 1 year to the CAJ as well as attending 1 national conference. The total amount awarded is $1,000 CAD.
Deadline & Annual
The set deadlines and renewals are: