The Alaska Space Grant Program (ASGP) invites applications from U. S. citizens for undergraduate scholarship and research fellowship programs. These awards are offered to students majoring in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) or STEM education fields. Stipends available under this program are limited to students attending Alaska institutions of higher education. Women, under-represented minorities and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Eligibility & Requirements
- This program is only offered to students majoring in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) or STEM education fields.
Students who engage in research projects:
- develop their skills as scientists, engineers, and educators
- expand their record of professional achievement in support of their future academic and career goals,
- facilitate an undergraduate “capstone project” or “honors thesis”,
- meet other students who share their passion,
- challenge themselves to achieve high goals, and
- personally contribute to engineering solutions and scientific knowledge that advance our understanding of the Earth and space environments.
How to Apply
To apply contact the e-mail provide and have the word “grant program” in the title of your e-mail.
Undergraduate Scholarships of up to $1,000 will be awarded through a competitive process.
Scholarships are open to new and continuing undergraduate students majoring in the disciplines of science, technology, engineering and/or mathematics (STEM). Preference is given to applications from Freshman and Sophomores. Students receiving awards in past competitions may apply and receive awards for subsequent competitions.
Deadline & Annual
Application deadline is February 15 – September 16, 2021. This is an annual scholarship/grant program.