The Alpha Kappa Alpha Educational Advancement Foundation Youth P.A.C. Program began as a vision in 1997 to involve young people in the philanthropic process. The Foundation’s leadership knew that creating a program to channel youth philanthropic commitment to mankind would pay large dividends in the future, in the form of trained, capable leadership.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Active Undergraduate Sorors, sophomores or above, holding a 3.0 GPA and demonstrating leadership, volunteer, and civic services
- The program is structured for undergraduate Sorors led by a committee of undergraduates chaired by the Foundation’s 2nd Vice President (2nd Supreme Anti-Basileus)
Applicant Selection & Application Applying
- Applicant selection is done by the Youth P.A.C. Committee
- Recommendations by the committee are then subject to final approval by the Alpha Kappa Alpha Educational Advancement Foundation Board of Directors
- Two (2) current letters of recommendation, must not be dated earlier than January 2021.
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges that you have attended with cumulative GPA listed please open, scan, and add as an attachment.
- Personal Goal Statement
- Must demonstrate leadership, volunteer, and civic services.
- Submit two letters of recommendation: One from an instructor and the other from one who can attest to your personal character and attributes; neither should come from a relative or peer.
- Personal goal statement –Please include in your statement, how your goals support the Alpha Kappa Alpha Educational Advancement Foundation Youth P.A.C. mission to promote healing, nurturing, learning, and uplifting of youth by assisting in the development of lifelong learning skills. Submit no more than two double-spaced pages with a minimum of 100 and no more than 250 words.
April 15, 2021. Applications must be electronically submitted by 11:59 PM CST.