Students graduating from the University of Exeter in the summer of 2023 who wish to continue their education with us for a standalone taught Masters degree (such as an MA, MSc, MRes, MFA, or LLM) or a research degree (such as an MPhil or PhD) are eligible to apply for a scholarship. All or part of the students’ tuition will be covered by the scholarship.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
In 1897, the city of Sheffield established its medical school, Firth College, and Sheffield Technical College. The Sheffield University was founded in 1897. Most studies conducted at universities focus on technological or scientific questions. Located in the middle of England’s industrialized region, it is one of six red brick colleges. From an initial enrolment of 114 in the fall of 2006, there are now 1,000 enrolled students. Rapid expansion can be seen at the university. As student numbers soared, the university expanded its facilities to accommodate them, including new academic buildings, dormitories, and dorms.
The campus is home to a wide variety of institutions and organizations. In 1983, the institution unveiled its Octagon Center. The building regularly hosts large events such as concerts and conventions. There is a museum, an arts tower, and a plant sciences and biology department on site. You can find a wide variety of books and scholarly articles in the Western Bank Library. There are 25,000 rare books and 150 unique collections available for checkout. In 2015, a new Engineering Faculty was established at the university. There are classrooms, seminars, and workshops available at the university. St. George Church at the University of the South was the first of its sort. It was converted to a lecture hall in 1994. Both undergraduate and graduate degree programs are accessible. The enormous array of courses available throughout the several academic divisions and faculties is a distinctive feature of the educational system.
The five departments include the Faculties of Science, Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences, Engineering, Medicine and Health. City College, with its main campus in Athens, Greece, offers educational programs. Boeing is a partner of the university’s Manufacturing Research Center. It is in charge of all BAE Systems projects. Sheffield’s excellent academic programs have been affirmed by international rating organizations. The students at the University of Sheffield had a great time at the Students’ Union. Those who have graduated from Penn and the world at large benefit from the university’s research, innovation, and instruction. According to the most recent UK Research Excellence Framework, Sheffield’s research is either world-leading or internationally exceptional, indicating that it is at the forefront of its field.
Many notable people, including Lee Child (author), David Blunkett (former Home Secretary), George Porter (Nobel Prize in Chemistry), Harry Kroto (fullerenes discoverer), and Jessica Ennis, are alumni of Sheffield (Gold Medallist at Olympics). For the fourth year in a row, the Students’ Union at the University of Sheffield has been named the best in the United Kingdom by the Times Higher Education Supplement (Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2017-2020).
At the Students’ Union, you’ll find shops, cafes, and pubs, in addition to more than three hundred and fifty clubs and organizations that you can join at no cost. For many international students, this is what distinguishes Sheffield as a place they’ll never forget. Help for international students is available with matters such as visas. At the beginning of each school year, there is a gathering at Manchester Airport followed by an in-depth orientation for all first-year students. Helping students acclimate to life in the UK, the University hosts a variety of events throughout Orientation Week, such as lectures, information fairs, and tours of the campus and surrounding area (UK). Private lodging is provided for international students, and it is typically en-suite with a communal kitchen. However, there are also options for shared bathrooms, larger luxury rooms, and studio flats. Sheffield has the cheapest living costs for students in the United Kingdom, per the Natwest Student Living Index for 2021.
When you live in university housing, you can make new friends, save money, and be close to classes. University students who live in on-campus housing have access to the services and support of Residence Life. Sheffield, a modern city in Britain’s traditional industrial heartland, is an important center for the steel, coal, and metal industries. It’s a convenient home base for exploring the rest of the United Kingdom and Europe, with all the services and conveniences one would expect from a major British city and excellent public transportation. The Peak District National Park is approximately 30 minutes away from Sheffield, providing a terrific opportunity to see the English countryside in addition to the city’s various attractions and activities. Sheffield is the cheapest university city in the UK, according to the Natwest Student Living Index 2021, therefore your money will go further.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Exeter
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: 10% Tuition Fee
Scholarship Type: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- Students who intend to participate in a postgraduate taught or research program of study for the academic year 2023–2024 are eligible for these grants, which will cover 10% of the first year’s tuition fee.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Awards are open to all graduates, both domestic and international, of the University of Exeter who have met the following criteria:
- a degree from the University of Exeter, either at the undergraduate or postgraduate level, was earned; an inbound Study Abroad semester or year was successfully completed at the University of Exeter.
- completed a course at the University of Exeter International Summer School that counted toward their degree.
- To be considered for the scholarship, you must first ensure that you are able to satisfy the prerequisites for the postgraduate program of your choice and then enroll in that program during the 2023–2024 academic year.
- (Current students at the University of Exeter who will finish their current program in 2023 and progress directly to another standalone degree program at the University of Exeter are eligible for an equivalent award; for more information, see the University of Exeter Class of 2023 Progression Scholarship.)
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The University of Exeter Class of 2023 Progression Scholarship (UK) is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit an application, please visit the University of Exeter’s website at srs.exeter.ac.uk.
- This scholarship will be given out on a case-by-case basis to eligible University of Exeter advancing students who register for classes in the 2023–2024 academic year. It is not necessary to submit a separate application.
- Through the Fast Track application platform, currently enrolled students at the University of Exeter have the opportunity to submit an application to one of our standalone taught Masters programs. If you want to enroll in one of our research degree programs, you will have to submit your application using our regular application site online. This is a requirement
- The recipient of this prize will not be eligible to receive it again for subsequent years of study. It is imperative that you carefully understand all of the terms and conditions associated with this scholarship.
The application deadline for University of Exeter Class of 2023 Progression Scholarship (UK) is August 31, 2023