The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was founded in 2003 with the intention of assisting the institution in furthering its research endeavors by utilizing the expertise of exceptionally qualified students, with a particular focus on students hailing from other nations. The institution accepts applications from prospective doctoral students for specialized research topics twice a year, in the months of April and October. The PhD program is taught entirely in English (except for those students who are studying in Japan), and the students also work as research assistants for their respective host professors (RA). With the help of this program, the KUT hopes to broaden and strengthen its relationships to intellectual and educational institutions located in different countries throughout the world.
About the Scholarship:
The Kochi University of Technology is a public institution of higher education that was established in 1997. The university can be found in the picturesque city of Tosa Yamada, which is found in the prefecture of Kohimarama in Japan. The university, more commonly referred to as the KUT, provides students from both inside and outside of the country with access to a diverse selection of educational programs. There are a wide variety of programs available, some of which cover science and technology, such as economics and system engineering. The institution places a strong emphasis on research and welcomes a significant number of students and faculty members from countries all over the world.
The Materials Design Centre, the Research Centre for Brain Communication, the Advanced Robotics Research Centre, and the Laboratory for Construction Materials in a Sustainable Society are some of the research centers that are housed within the Kochi University of Technology, which is a well-known research institution in the area. Kochi University of Technology has collaborated with other prestigious educational institutions, such as the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Indian Institute of Technology, Bandung Institute of Technology, and Jilin University, in an effort to realize its vision of developing into a world-renowned institution of higher learning dedicated to research. In addition, the institution has been providing student researchers with funding to support their endeavors in a variety of study areas.
The Kami Campus and the Elkokuji Campus at Kochi University of Technology are both aesthetically pleasing options for students to choose from. The campuses include a wide variety of facilities and services for the students, such as a student union building, a gymnasium, a cafeteria, a facility for regional partnerships, parks, and playgrounds. The Mah-Jong Club and the Space Lab Club are only two of the many student organizations that are available to KUT students. KUT also sponsors other student organizations, such as the Tennis Club and the Basketball Club. One of the unique aspects of KUT is its International House, which gives students from other countries the chance to immerse themselves in Japanese culture by rooming with Japanese students.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Kochi University of Technology (KUT)
Scholarship Country: Japan
Scholarship Worth: ¥535,800
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
- Exemption from the entrance examination fee of 30,000 yen, the enrollment charge of 300,000 yen, and the tuition fee of 535,800 yen per year
- Work on a research project earns a monthly stipend of 150,000 yen, which is used to cover living expenses.
- The travel expenses and first month’s rent are covered by the supplied 150,000 yen. (only available to international applicants who currently reside outside of Japan and who either already have or intend to get the “Student” status required for Japanese residency at the time of admission into Japan)
Eligibility for Scholarship.
The following requirements need to be fulfilled in full by applicants:
(1) To either already possess or be on track to receive one’s master’s degree prior to the enrollment date at KUT
(2) At the time of enrolment, applicants must be younger than 35 years old.
(3) To have a distinguished academic history as well as a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree from prestigious educational institutions
(4) To have the intent, appropriate knowledge, and research skill to work on one of the designated research projects in the field.
(5) To have an advanced command of the English language
The student in the SSP program is required to provide fifty hours of work each month to a particular research topic at the university
At the conclusion of each academic semester, the student in the SSP program is required to provide the Dean of the Graduate School of Engineering with a report on the academic and research progress that they have made. The report that has been handed in will be assessed by the dean of the Graduate School of Engineering.
This scholarship is made possible via the generous contributions of Dagens Industri, utbildning.se, and the Stockholm School of Economics. The recipient’s full tuition costs for the SSE MBA Executive Format program are covered by this award. A person is chosen to receive the scholarship if it is deemed that they would be able to effectively represent Sweden through the development of responsible business practices as well as their leadership abilities.
The Kochi University of Technology (KUT) 2022 Special Scholarship Program for Doctoral International Students (Japan) is open to all International Students
- Make your selection from the list of research projects available through the SSP.
- Send a Pre-Application Request that you have finished filling out to the leader of the project that you would like to work on and acquire the leader’s permission to apply for that particular SSP project. During any given enrollment period, a project leader should only receive a single pre-application request from prospective participants. In the description of the project, you may find the email address of the person leading the project. Take into consideration that a leader of the project might not get in touch with you in the event that your pre-application request is denied.
- When you have the go-ahead from the person in charge of the project, complete the necessary paperwork and send it in to KUT in the appropriate format. Before the deadline, the documents have to be delivered to KUT.
- Please direct any questions and application materials to the following address:
Part of the International Relations Department
University of Technology Kochi. Kochi.
Tosayamada, Kami City
Kochi 782-8502, JAPAN
The application deadline for Kochi University of Technology (KUT) 2022 Special Scholarship Program for Doctoral International Students (Japan) is September 16, 2022