The Reagan-Fascell Scholarship 2022 is a fully-funded scholarship for activists, journalists, civil society leaders, and academics from around the world to spend 5 months in residency at the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
The exchange program in Washington DC allows fellows to conduct independent research on global democratic developments and conduct research in a particular country or region.
The Reagan-Fascell Fellowship also provides the opportunity for fellows to learn the advanced skills and experience of the International Forum for Democratic Studies, as this center is the primary place for discussion on democratic transitions in the world.
The Fully Funded Five-Month International Fellowship in the USA is for both Professionals and Academics. However, practitioners will learn methods to improve strategies and techniques for building democracy around the world, and academics will learn techniques to conduct unique and original research for their publications.
In order to gain all productive experiences, the National Endowment for Democracy fellowship ensures the fellows’ commitment to other counterparts, the availability of resources for research and writing, and opportunities to develop professional relationships with a global network of advocates of democracy.
The Reagan-Fascell program warmly welcomes practitioners from developing and developing democracies and also those from undemocratic countries and other established democracies.
NED’s Democracy Scholarship Program is based on many educational and recreational events that help scholars gain insight into the work of Enfownment and its other related institutions.
Events can be seminars, round table lectures, field trips, sports, museum trips, movies, etc. All of these events aim to educate fellows on democracy-related education and promote a sense of collaboration among fellows.
Details of the Exchange Scholarships in USA Reagan-Fascell 2022
Institutions where the studies will be carried out:
National Endowment for Democracy (NED), United States.
Levels and areas of studies:
5-month exchange program for activists, journalists, and leaders of civil society.
Who can participate ?:
All foreign students can apply for Exchange Scholarships in the United States.
Endowment of the scholarship:
- Scholars will receive a monthly stipend.
- Health insurance
- The cost of a furnished rental apartment will be paid.
- Round trip cost to and from Washington DC will be covered
- Living costs, which include food, local transportation, and other basic necessities.
- Fully equipped office.
- Cost of long distance phone calls and business trips. (Shoestring budget)
Conditions that participants must meet:
The basic eligibility criteria are the same for both professionals and academics. However, some requirements are different for both.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
- The applicant must propose a project that will focus on the political, social, economic, legal or cultural aspects of democratic countries.
- Ensure their availability in residence in Washington DC during the 5 months of the scholarship program.
Conditions for practitioners:
- Be a mid-career professional.
- Have practical experience in promoting democracy or human rights in the country or region.
Conditions for academics:
- Have completed the doctorate or equivalent academic degree at the time of application.
- Have a record of publications in their respective fields.
- Applicants must formulate a detailed research project outline for the scholarship program.
Instructions to apply:
- To apply, applicants must create an online account through the online portal .
- After successful account creation and successful registration, a confirmation email will be received.
- Through the confirmation email, applicants will be taken to a web page from where they can create a username and password to continue with the application process.
- You must provide your general information, including name, citizenship, date of birth and gender, etc.
- Include an accurate assessment of English proficiency.
- Upload the complete information of the project proposal.
- Updated CV on application.
- After providing all the required information, click the review button and submit the request.
- All application materials must be submitted in English.
Until October 1, 2021