New York University Wagner in the USA invites you to apply for the Lisa Ellen Goldberg Scholarship for Master’s students in 2022, which consists of free full-time study at the University’s Master of Public Administration or Master of Urban Planning.
About the Lisa Ellen Goldberg Scholarship
Lisa Ellen Goldberg, the celebrated president of the Charles H. Revson Foundation and beloved wife of John Sexton, former president of New York University, has been a dynamic force in the world of philanthropy and the Jewish community.
Before his death in 2007, he worked passionately on philanthropic and Jewish issues and organizations.
He left a legacy of the visionary and crucial role that philanthropy can play in turning promising ideas into reality and increasing their impact.
He also epitomized a deep commitment to public service and the Jewish community. Her legacy is recognized in an NYU Wagner Scholarship for aspiring public service executives pursuing careers in philanthropy or Jewish leadership.
Level/field(s) of study
The scholarship is available to candidates who are already admitted to full-time study in Master of Public Administration or Master of Urban Planning programs at NYU Wagner.
The Lisa Ellen Goldberg Scholarship is hosted by the University of New York, Wagner, in the UNITED STATES.
The Lisa Ellen Goldberg Scholarship for Masters Students is open to international students who are prospective or current students at New York University.
To be considered eligible for the Lisa Ellen Goldberg Scholarship, applicants must have;
- Powerful and nuanced intellectual curiosity
- Interest in people, their stories and their experiences.
- Firm dedication and emotional maturity
- Demonstrated success in a first race
- Love for culture and the arts.
- Passion for learning and solving problems
- Playful imagination and enthusiasm for new ways of tackling old problems.
- Reflective and articulate communication, both verbal and written.
- The Lisa Ellen Goldberg Scholarship offers a full-tuition scholarship and is open to students admitted for full-time study in Master of Public Administration or Master of Urban Planning programs.
- In addition to financial support, Goldberg Fellows receive a mentor from NYU faculty and also have the opportunity to access an unparalleled network of philanthropists, policymakers, scholars, and leaders.
How to apply?
Apply for the scholarship;
- Submit your scholarship application essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner for Fall 2022 .
- The scholarship application essay is included in the scholarship section of the online application; there is no separate app.
- Scholarship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in the application to be considered.
- Those selected as scholarship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews with the Scholarship Selection Committee in early to mid-February 2022.
You can access more information and start the application by clicking on the scholarship link.
The deadline for Fall 2022 scholarship applications is November 30, 2022. All interested applicants are encouraged to submit their applications before the deadline.